Revere Beach

I was just thinking the same thing!!! Jinks :worthy:

Hey, John, can we crash at your place???

You guys are more than welcome to "crash" here. When my wife was with child, Jack Cash came by every Friday after stopping by Kelley's with Lobster Rolls. It may a little commute from where I live now but its well worth it :worthy:

Steve Groh ...load up the truck and come on up. No need to get bottle rockets, I'm only 1/2 mile from the New Hampshire border where we can get all the aerial fireworks (no firecrackers, cherry bombs)you want. :worthy:

Edited by john2780

Front of Lancer Hall

27th5hall.jpg

Is the Building still a karate school? When I was a kid I couldn't wait to grow up to hang out there. I only got close to that when the corps had Friday night dances there in the winter of either 85 or 86. My dad helped run it.

I lived less than 1/4 mile from Newbridge , right over the line in Revere. The BEST lamb tips on earth. I used to play golf with the owners son Eddie. The Solombrinos ( of the IC Reveries Fame) lived practivally across the street.

Great Times !!!! :worthy:

Ah the Newbridge. One of my dad's favorite places in the whole world. I can not remember how many times we would grab the steak tips special -- remember the steak fries!! and served in those aluminum tins with the cardboard covers -- and go home and watch the Celtics in the 1980s! My mouth waters just thinking about them. And all for $7.95!!!

Edited by O.P.

If you were lucky enough to go to Kelly's when John2780 was working a window, you were likely to get 3x the amount of food you ordered, for less than the going rate :worthy:

The roast beef with horseradish and fries is mouth watering, but give me a clam plate any day. And throw in a extra few fries for the sea gulls :worthy:

John2780 was the greatest window guy in the history of Kelly's!!! (You can look it up in the Guiness book of records).

The only thing better than John's service were the fried clam's which last time I was there (4 years ago??) they were $25.

7780.jpg

Gimme a scallop roll and a frappe!!!! :worthy:

Edited by uncle z

I took a friend from Maine to Kelly's last summer. He couldn't believe the prices! He got up to the window and said to the server, "$25.99 for a lobster roll? What does that come with? The body of Christ????".

Anyone remember the pasta place that Dig Me's father owned? I think it was where Papa Gino's came to be on Squire Road. Also Redmond's (owned by Mickey Redmond of the Boston Bruins, and also on Squire Rd.) was a popular hang-out in 1977. It is now a Dunkin' Donuts. In fact, anyplace you might remember from 1977 that has gone out of business is now a Dunkin' Donuts. We have 56 Dunkin' Donuts franchises in Revere now. And one Honeydew Donuts (used the bathroom at Honeydew, and there was a Dunkin' Donuts in there!) :thumbup:

Edited by A27Lancer

You guys are more than welcome to "crash" here. When my wife was with child, Jack Cash came by every Friday after stopping by Kelley's with Lobster Rolls. It may a little commute from where I live now but its well worth it :thumbup:

Steve Groh ...load up the truck and come on up. No need to get bottle rockets, I'm only 1/2 mile from the New Hampshire border where we can get all the aerial fireworks (no firecrackers, cherry bombs)you want. :smile:

Man, I live an hour or so from Wyoming....what can I bring ya. :worthy:

Mike, If you're coming from CO, I'll fill up the Chevy and drive up from FL. I'll stop at South of the Border on the way up and fill the trunk with bottle rockets.

First Sam Adams is on me at the Newbridge.

Then we can hit the dumpster behind Sozio's...get some refrigerator boxes... and go surfing down So. Cambridge St. (with a salute as we pass #35)

Refrigerator boxes???? Hmmmmmmmm *done ala Scooby*