Revere Beach

Kellys-Bldg2.jpg

If you were lucky enough to go to Kelly's when John2780 was working a window, you were likely to get 3x the amount of food you ordered, for less than the going rate :tongue:

The roast beef with horseradish and fries is mouth watering, but give me a clam plate any day. And throw in a extra few fries for the sea gulls :tongue:

Edited by LancerLegend

You guys make me miss home! Good thing I will be there for the Boston Home Show. I will have to hit up Kelly's. I used to drive a Donation truck for the Salvation Army on Rt1 in Suagus, I would pass the Kelly's on Rt1 all the time... But I would pass it to get over to the other one on the Beach.

My dad who is now retired and living in AZ and 70 years old apprenticed me at Kelly's.

None of the other ones they built will be the same.

How could it be if your not fighting the sea gulls for your french fries?

Honorable mention to these steak tips just down the road...

NewBridgeCafe.jpg

wasn't the Newbridge in Chelsea

Thanks for the culinary memories guys. I can say without doubt that Kelly's and the Newbridge are the genesis factors that led to my 38" waistline today. Another place where I dropped some cash after a long rehearsal behind Northgate was the Bayside. Antipasto, stuffed clams and an adult beverage from a green bottle.

Has anyone attended the Good Friday services at Bill Ash's recently?

Extra credit quiz: Where would one hear, "239, 47, 88 for Kansas City!"

Thanks for the culinary memories guys. I can say without doubt that Kelly's and the Newbridge are the genesis factors that led to my 38" waistline today. Another place where I dropped some cash after a long rehearsal behind Northgate was the Bayside. Antipasto, stuffed clams and an adult beverage from a green bottle.

Has anyone attended the Good Friday services at Bill Ash's recently?

Extra credit quiz: Where would one hear, "239, 47, 88 for Kansas City!"

That would be the Hilltop Steak House, .... Doctor!

...or The Ritz, a stone's throw from Kelly's where I was served my first adult beverage in my rookie year! Do the math from my age-out year backwards and that would be 1-5....

yes it is in Chelsea or was anyway and Keith you could walk there from my Revere house.

Got Drunk because of that place for the first time. When Dave worked there he got two warm 6 packs of Michelob and we went down to a party at the building. His mother was not too happy when she picked us up at midnight. Me and Dave were in someones car tring to drive home. neither one of us had a license,but were 15 yrs old and the car was a stick.

That was a long day at reherhal the next day.

Before "the building", we were nomads always looking for a place to quench our thirst. The "wall" was our home for many nights in the summa, until the MDC cops told us to break it up. Once the building opened, the cellar became our safehaven.

In the winter of 76 and 77, before heading to the Commonwealth Armory, we'd spend our Sunday nights at Papa Gino's on Squire Road. I heard a rumor that someone would call in a pizza order about a half hour before closing, and never pick it up. Luckily, the manager would ask us if we would enjoy a pizza - on the house !