Carolina Crown Official 2008 Show Announcement

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crown should put dark red / purple velvet sashes in their uniform to symbolize the curtain at the end of a production. What do you think?

We should just run it by "Hrothgar 15", :worthy: I'm sure Jim Coats won't mind the "newest member of the design staff making that decision" :smile:

Although, it does sound like a good idea! :thumbup:

Lets keep off of this guy. He has also brought in some of the best brass, visual, percussion and guard people since he took the position in 2003. For every situation that was pointed out in the last post, there are great hires or great decisions he has made with the design staff to get the corps where they are today.

:thumbup: Thank you! :worthy:

Dude I hope your not a current member of Crown....Bashing the staff. :thumbup:

Thank you - best of 987, I too hope :worthy: 'smashbalance' :smile: is not a member of the corps smashing the staff :worthy: Because all I can say is spring training is going to be a l-o-n-g three weeks. :smile: Jus' sayn' :smile:

Thank you - best of 987, I too hope :thumbup: 'smashbalance' :smile: is not a member of the corps smashing the staff :worthy: Because all I can say is spring training is going to be a l-o-n-g three weeks. :worthy: Jus' sayn' :smile:

It's a message board...he can share his opinion. I doubt Jim Coates reads DCP anyway.

We should just run it by "Hrothgar 15", :worthy: I'm sure Jim Coats won't mind the "newest member of the design staff making that decision" :smile:

Although, it does sound like a good idea! :thumbup:

I am not on Crown's design team. I don't know where you are getting this idea. I just happen to be a huge fan of the corps and am heavily interested in this show, and I'm keeping up with how it's progressing via members of the corps. Please, show some respect.

Please, show some respect.

For what?

Thank you - best of 987, I too hope :thumbup: 'smashbalance' :smile: is not a member of the corps smashing the staff :worthy: Because all I can say is spring training is going to be a l-o-n-g three weeks. :worthy: Jus' sayn' :smile:

Just so you know, I love and respect the music and visual staff. Considering what a member goes through, I doubt Jim Coates would be around me that much during spring training. Harloff and Ebert are my heroes!

In CC's announcement, they include the phonetic pronunciation. It is fiˈnē, which would be pronounced as fih-NEE.

I would think that having the accent on the first syllable (as in FEE-nee) wouldn't be very characteristic of the French.

That's the beauty of French. In French, "finis" It's pronounced fee-nee and there's no accented syllable.