Whatin the world is happening to MEMPHIS

I hope Trey Moore comes back

someday

As they say down there in Memphis, "Ladies and Gentlemen, Elvis has left the building."

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So please don't be so disrespectful to a group who is going through a situation that almost EVERY organization has had to go through at some point.

I believe you are wrong about this observation. Businesses have challenges all of the time. Drum and bugle corps are businesses, pure and simple. But, just as I don't expect to pick up the newspaper and read about how my local 7-11 is dysfunctional because the manager ticked off one of the cash register clerks, I don't think it's good business for corps members and supposed "supporters" to air dirty laundry in a public forum.

If this is how they choose to solve their problems, then they deserve whatever public scrutiny they get. After all, THEY asked for it when they went into a fan forum and started spewing negativity.

Understandable. But what I was trying to do was keep the integrity of this conversation. The previous statements in the thread seemed very "un-corpsmember" like (assuming said posters are or have been members.) Neither of us know this for a fact so I simply tried to make the conversation reasonable instead of just another flaming thread with people, like you said, airing dirty laundry that should be left in the laundry room.

Have a nice day.

Edited by pastpresentfuture

Go get em in 08 Memphis! :thumbup::tongue:

No one tied to the organization Started airing out "dirty laundry" as you put it. Some one saw that staff had changed again and started talkin out there ____.

Now, as to the point of their current director. I'm sure it came as a necessity. I believe there is little or no money to pay for a director, or for a staff. So, it's most likely not an issue of egos, it's an issue of getting paid for their time. So, we'll see what a volunteer staff can accomplish this year in Memphis.

Actually mempho's staff isn't volunteer. They pay their tech staff more than techs at other world class corps.