Rain

I gave up on trying to use jackets and ponchos and stuff pretty early on. I mean, you're going to be soaked one way or the other, from sweat or rain, and it's just not worth the hassle of rain gear IMO.

Nick, I think you might be thinking about Nebraska--the Lincoln show? I just can't remember there being something like that in Kansas, but in Nebraska you could see the massive thunderhead coming and then (I'll never forget this!) I was out in the middle of drill and it felt like someone opened the door of a refrigerator right next to me. That was the night the storm hit during arc and Gino/Chad gave us permission to run across the street in uniform to take shelter. We stood around outside as the news went from "show delayed 30 minutes" to "show delayed an hour" to "standstill" and then Gino just came in and said "We're going to Denver!" and the whole corps got fast food then did, in fact, go to Denver. Am I right or are these separate incidents?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually just bought a light pvc raincoat the other day, it didn't cost that much, and isn't taking up that much space either.

I do recall a couple of times last year where i wish i had one.

Probably only wear it when its really pouring or when its cold and wet.

I had a light rain jacket that folded into itself for easy storage. On days it looked like rain I would have it. I probably only used it once or twice during the years I marched, and only when it was kind of chilly. But the few days I used it I was thankful I had it.

Honestly, almost anywhere I've been on tour that it's rained, it comes and goes throughout the day, so anything you try to do to keep yourself warm is going to be ruined pretty quick. One rain storm when you're wearing a shirt and that shirt's going to be too cold to wear the rest of the day.

Rain - Just another reason why the only thing I wore every day for three months for two years was a bathing suit. Best thing to rehearse in EVER! And for dudes, you don't even have to pack underwear!

I would say it definetly depends on what's going on.

Sometimes there might not be enough time to get a trash bag or whatever you woud like to wear so you just put your shir in your bookbag and hope you don't get sick. then there are the times you can get ready and bring a hoody (if it's cold) or a poncho/rain coat if it isn't.

trash bag for backpack is probably more important than what you put on yourself anyway.

Trashbag for the backpack and a poncho for myself.

Hey guys ...

I'm reminded of one of my favorite song lyrics:

And the banker never wears a mac

In the pouring rain, very strange.

Trashbag for the backpack and a poncho for myself.

I didn't even think about the trashbag for my backpack.

Thanks!