Judges Tapes

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure there is an Evansville Indiana BD judge tape floating around from 1982. From what I remember its late in the season. I want to say it was GE music?

To DCP Admins:

[i take it] these tapes... [are OK to share since]... there's no copyright on them?

Not an attorney, but I think your presumption that these tapes have no copyright is false. Any recording has a presumed copyright under US copyright law. If you think a creation such as a tape has to be registered in the federal copyright office in order to be copyrighted, that's not correct. I would bet the contract between DCI and the judges covers this and specifies that the copyright belongs to DCI-- after all, they've used some of these tapes in recent years on the DVDs, and they probably do so without extra compensation to the judges for that use, so DCI probably retains all rights with regards to judge tapes. (If the contract between judge and DCI didn't cover that, you could have an argument as to who actually held the copyright on any one tape-- the judge who recorded the tape, or DCI who employed the judge?) Also, there's a corps performance in the background behind the judge. The question is, would anybody bother to enforce a copyright on the judge's tape? Would DCI or the judge or the performing corps care about it? Quite possibly not.

Edited by Peel Paint

Removed references to copyrighted material and list of copyrighted material

Sorry folks, my list of judges tape was taken off. Apologies to DCP for breaking rules.

Edited by Jeffe77
links to copyrighted material - ds

I just wish people would post brass tapes more often - always with the drummers.

I'd love to hear the Star 93 tape if you're willing to share. :dancin:

Try searching on the website who's name shan't be uttered on DCP. It's the field percussion tape. Of course, it's audio only ;)

Oh man, I would love nothing more to get more judge's tapes... all I have is the Cavs 2000 one but I LOVE it... judge's tapes are such great learning opportunities.

I dunno...the field perc judge on that one REALLY irritates me...he's trying to sound important instead of giving usable feedback...

Now the guy from SCV 87 prelims....even though the only track I have is the opener...THAT guy gave GREAT feedback...straight and to the point.

The best one, tho, was field drums 86 BD the week before nats.....Richards only had 2 comments....both in the drum feature...."Ooooooooooooooooo ####!" during the snare visuals, and "Come on, lock it in," a little later....THAT'S a good drum line!

Now for sheer fun & enjoyment, you wanna hear John Blair....doesn't matter if he's on the field or in the box....all of the tapes I have of him are just a joy to hear....not so much because of the shows, but because of his obvious pleasure in what he's hearing!

this screen name accepts pms with links in them

:tongue: