What show do you show...

If you could pick one or two shows to show people who don't know anything about DCI or understand it all, what shows would you show?

I personally would probably show Cavaliers 2002 shows "Frameworks" because it seems to impress people who don't know anything about DCI because of all the cool moves and the dancing.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you could pick one or two shows to show people who don't know anything about DCI or understand it all, what shows would you show?

I personally would probably show Cavaliers 2002 shows "Frameworks" because it seems to impress people who don't know anything about DCI because of all the cool moves and the dancing.

Cadets 2000 - duh

Madison 95 or 96

Maybe a show with narration, just to see what they say with no preconceptions :dozingoff:

Maybe a show with narration, just to see what they say with no preconceptions :dozingoff:

but doesn't that mean theres a 50-50 chance you'd be morally obliged to murder your friend, based on their unpreconceived response, in order to protect the gene pool? awful lot of trouble, just to show someone some drum corps.

instead of narration maybe you could try 88 vk, 89 scv, 92 scouts, 03 phantom, or 07 crown, those seem to be really approachable and entertaining shows.

I like to find shows with music that they'll recognize. For instance, my mom likes Jesus Christ Superstar, so the first show I showed her was Madison '99. My dad likes Rhapsody in Blue, so I could show him Phantom '05 (but I'm taking my time with him - he doesn't fully understand drum corps yet). And if there isn't a specific group/musical/whatever that they like, I'll just go by what genres they like, and then hope that they say Latin so I can show them Madison '95. :dozingoff:

Edited by Mellofone08

It's not a show and is aimed more at sponsors, but has lots of good information...

www.dci.org/about

Yea, I just watched that. It's nice with all the information and everything, but lots of the stuff the average listener doesn't want to listen to. And it didn't really show any actual show clips so people still don't know what DCI is.

Crown 2007 would be a pretty good choice.

For drill you could pick any number of shows...maybe 2004 Cavies (007 show)

If I think they will like music more than visual: PR 2003 or 2006.

If I think they will like the visual more than the music: Cavaliers 2000.

It's also best to skip to the good parts. Just enough to prove to the viewer that this is on a completely different level than high school marching band.