The Official 2008 Madison Scouts Discussion Thread

Madisonic #14 on the fan network (its free) was extremley amazing! It was so inspirational. Makes me wish I was a scout! lol

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha I know! I remember having a hard time concentrating on the show because the whole time I kept telling myself, "this can't be for real!"

I can't imagine Denver being the "ideal" climate for natural grass THAT perfect, so I gotta tip my cap to that field crew...those guys definitely know what they are doing.

JEEZ...I never knew you were such a fan of horticulture...

GO SCOUTS!!!!!

JEEZ...I never knew you were such a fan of horticulture...

GO SCOUTS!!!!!

Well considering some of the UN-mowed fields we were fortunate enough to practice on that summer (Sioux City, Iowa with that 6 inch grass comes to mind), I came to respect the efforts of a good grounds-keeper! :thumbup:

So...I just heard that madison will have a fleur in the closer..."I freaked out at the end because I was sitting there waiting to take a pic of the fleur de li and then it was over. I thought I'd missed it, but derek said they haven't added it yet."...yeah, heck yeah...

I don't want to be the spoiler for the new ending but I also don't want anyone to be disappointed if they don't see a fleur de lis. I was just told there is not a fleur de lis in the new closer. I don't know any more about it. I guess we will all just have be surprised with what is in the closer.

Go Scouts!

I don't want to be the spoiler for the new ending but I also don't want anyone to be disappointed if they don't see a fleur de lis. I was just told there is not a fleur de lis in the new closer. I don't know any more about it. I guess we will all just have be surprised with what is in the closer.

Go Scouts!

Maleguena? :tongue:

So - Did everyone see that huge score jump for the Blue Knights? I guess 8 days of practice paid off well. I hope the Scouts' 3 days of practice will produce similar results! GO SCOUTS!

The Scouts had a 5.1 positive bump in their scores after the last 3 days they took off (from June 30th to July 2nd). I hope that they get at least a 5.1 bump in their scores as a result of this three days of practice.

My wife is there in Colorado Springs (helping to feed the troops), and she said that Ramiro Barrera was there making changes in the show on the fly. Major changes in the music, in additioin to the ending. I heard some of the music while I was talking to her on the phone and it sounds great. I would love these guys to have a top 12 finish this year, so lets keep our fingers crossed.

I will be heading to Dallas next week to see the show in person for the 4th time, so am looking forward to seeing the improvement.

Go Scouts!!

So - Did everyone see that huge score jump for the Blue Knights? I guess 8 days of practice paid off well. I hope the Scouts' 3 days of practice will produce similar results! GO SCOUTS!

The Scouts had a 5.1 positive bump in their scores after the last 3 days they took off (from June 30th to July 2nd). I hope that they get at least a 5.1 bump in their scores as a result of this three days of practice.

My wife is there in Colorado Springs (helping to feed the troops), and she said that Ramiro Barrera was there making changes in the show on the fly. Major changes in the music, in additioin to the ending. I heard some of the music while I was talking to her on the phone and it sounds great. I would love these guys to have a top 12 finish this year, so lets keep our fingers crossed.

I will be heading to Dallas next week to see the show in person for the 4th time, so am looking forward to seeing the improvement.

Go Scouts!!

Could we get a little more clarification regarding some of your statements?

I knew from speaking to Mr. Barrera that the plan all along was to add the "new" closer, etc. prior to the Denver show. But, when you said that he's making changes "on the fly", that could mean......."lets do this here, here and especially right there! And while were at it, lets do some major re-writes here, here and especially here!......OK, got to go!.......The term "on the fly" makes me a little nervous. Do you think you could interpret that a little further for me/us? Ramiro Barrera is very talented at what is does but I also know that he's incredibly busy this summer with probably the biggest opportunity of his lifetime in coordinating a 2008 member orchestra for the Summer Olympics in China! Because of this, he expressed to me that he had serious reservations in taking the Scouts job at all. Thus I'm really hoping that your wording doesn't signify that the Scouts are getting a whirl-wind, 15 minuet, fix-this-stuff visit. Not saying that equates to a negative outcome, but I've been through frustrated staff, rapid fire, whole-sale shot gun approach "fix-it" sessions. This lack of forward thinking can often lead to bad results.......just hoping this is not what your wife was describing.

From my observations at camps last winter it seemed that Ramiro Barrera & Vince Oliver would always seem to be trying thing which seemed to be "on the fly" but were really a type of Plan A, B & C for different areas in an arrangement. They'd go O.K. try this , then try this etc. Their reasoning being that some things look good on paper but don't come off as planned so they have back up plans that look like they're pulling them out of ...the air - but they're really not.

I have all the faith in the world in Misters Barrera and Oliver.

I also believe, from what I have understood all along, that they are not changing the entire closer but "tweaking" what they have and actually adding on an ending. But then again I'm even older than Mad75 so I may misunderstand a lot of things. :tongue: