Suggestions for a Plan 'C'

The only thing I request from DCI is that they keep the location secret until blocks of rooms can be booked. They even admitted they dropped the ball with Bloomington and as soon as word got out, it was a free-for-all with people booking rooms left and right. If Louisville or Champaign are a possiblilty, then they need to do this right, espcially in regards to hotel rooms. Sure glad I didn't book a flight yet.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Park and Blow Jesus" (Wow, I'm going to hell for that one...)

Well, I'm, sure Hoppy would find some way to incorporate Touchdown Jesus into the Cadets show. Hell, he'd probably have a tear run down his cheek if Cadets didn't win. /sarcasm

You know, on second thought, the undulation of a sink hole...or even the big rock...would make for really great GE opportunities! Maybe they should just have championships at IU with whatever field they give us? It would be interesting to see how corps handle performances without yard lines!

Hashmarks aside and all...this used to be SOP, right? 50-yard line doesn't sound like it has any problems.

Again, I can't see there being anything wrong with ND's field...pristine. Just don't know if they would want DCI tearing up their turf!

Seriously, does anybody know if/what the alternative to IU is? Is that what the mention of waiting until next Tuesday was in regards to?

Well for sure we know the Cadets won't win, because George will pull them off the field to Boos and make them re sod the field!!! :tongue::hehe: :hehe: It's just a joke, don't flame me!!!!

W Perkins

BK '97 '98

With these fields 'lumpy' is a problem. The materials are carefully layered one over another for proper drainage and to prevent.....well......lumpiness.

If it's lumpy it means something underneath is broken and the only way to fix what is broken (lest it become 'more broken'......sinkholes have been known to get better) is to peel it up from the top and work down. They are not going to be half-###ed, work on the sinkhole, and then just not deal with the rest because it's only a football field and everyone expects them to be lumpy in the first place. Fixing it properly, in the minds of the athletic department at IU, might mean not subjecting the field to even more damage by allowing some marching bands (sic) to come tromp it up.

Half the field, or more, is coming up and the fact is that IU is concerned about playing Western Kentucky in football on August 30th. August 9th means very little to them other than being the first day of the last three weeks they have to get ready for August 30.

I'm not panicked about this.......just saying that I'm sure the folks at DCI have to be concerned because even Bloomington is far from a sure thing right now.

This same thing happened in Erie at Veterans Stadium a few years back,...............once this layering gets the oportunity to float and mix,................you've got a problem that took a year to fix here,...............they ended up replacing the entire surface!

Edited by Gary Matczak

Well for sure we know the Cadets won't win, because George will pull them off the field to Boos and make them re sod the field!!! :tongue::hehe: :hehe: It's just a joke, don't flame me!!!!

My relatives have assured me they won't interfere with the process this year and they have apologized for their involvement last year.

GAHHHHH :hehe:

you know if DCI could work that out, it would rock, but that's alot of plane tickets

Naw. You could just rent a cruise ship and load all the corps plus paying fans aboard it to Hawaii. Stand still performances with tips while enroute.

:tongue:

Naw. You could just rent a cruise ship and load all the corps plus paying fans aboard it to Hawaii. Stand still performances with tips while enroute.

:tongue:

Will there be 50 yard line seats?

:hehe:

Even Jesus can't escape the sinkhole!

2005_01_13giantjesus.jpg

BTW, this statue is right on I-75 about 20 minutes north of Cincinnati ...

LOL!

I drive past that ugly thing every time I drive to and from Cincy. All my students call it Ohio's version of touchdown Jesus.