Announcer Slip-Ups

At Phantom's home show last year, announcing the Kilties as they went on the field:

"Now entering the field, the Racine Explorer Kiltie Scouts from Racine, Wisconsin"

And my all-time favorite from junior corps:

"From Milwaukee, Wisconsin - THE PIONEERS!"

Edited by Matt Billock

"From Milwaukee, Wisconsin - THE PIONEERS!"

Understandable, at least. Esp from anyone who has no idea what Pioneer Container Co. is.

Like "Dutch Boys" back in the day. If you didn't know the food store, you'd think they were plural, eh.

While in Buffalo, NY the announcer did his intro about the Academy and our history then as the whole corps is set and ready he says "Drum majors Chris Kotterman and Ian Templan is your corps ready?"

He announced our tour directors! :tongue: haha One of the staff members could be heard yelling "Yea Ian!" before the start of the show. Thank goodness the colorguards opening set was facing the endzone. We were trying not to laugh right before we had to get into our aggressive role

I don't know if anyone mentioned this one yet, but about

4-5 years ago at an early season show in Wisconsin....

"From Rockford Illinois...the Phantom Regiments"

I think I read on DCP somewhere (not sure if it's true) that an announcer read the following sometime last year...

"From Santa Clara California, perorming their 2007 program!..."

instead of

"From Santa Clara California, performing their 2007 program !(Eureka)..."

HAHA this is true! i remember that day!

But my famous gaffe is actually winter guard related, but it deals with two legends in the drum corps world. I was announcing for the WGI Regional at Riverside Community College. Can't exactly remember the year, but it was the year Blue Devils did "Summertime". Sitting with me at the sound table as I also mixed the sound as well as announced was none other Mike McCool and Jay Murphy. Blue Devils, tremendous as always, just was killing the crowd. By the time they were finished, the gym had erupted into complete and utter pandemonium. I mean...it was nuts. It was CRAZY loud. And I, sort of caught up in the moment, proudly and loudly proclaimed, as only "The Voice of Southern California" could do....

"LAAAAAAAAAAAAAADIES AND GENTLEMEN......THE SAN JOSE RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

:wub:

Probably not the thing to say with Mike McCool and Jay Murphy sitting right next to me. Never seen two grown men snap their heads around quicker than those guys.

Thankfully, because the crowd was too busy throwing babies and motel rooms key on to the floor, no one else heard me.

To give you a break...more than half those Blue Devils kids WERE direct descendants of the San Jose Raiders dynasty. But yeah - ooops. :tongue:

MAV

i wish people would actually read threads before they post, so i don't have to read about the crossmen being announced as the glassmen. BTW that was in Atlanta at the afternoon show, not in San Antonio.

hahahaha, prize patrol.....others know what i am laughing about.

Back in 1975 before Rosemont "From Oak Park Ridge Illinois, the Chicago Cavaliers!"

Oak Park and Park Ridge are both suburbs of Chciago.