St Johns Drum & Bugle Corps

A special announcment for the upcoming season of th St John's All-Ages Corps 2009 season. It is with great pleasure that we are proud to annouce that Alyson Christie has been named our first drum major. Please welcome her in to the fold as we move forward in an exciting 2009 season. Alyson brings great experience with her. I am sure Alyson will make the corps pround! Thank- you Matt Dean corps Director.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are some of the MEDIOCRE DCI showings of these MEDIOCRE CORPS FROM ONTARIO:

*Oakland Crusaders 1975,76, DCI open finalists

*Seneca Optomists 1974 open finalist

*Venturers 1980 A class DCI champions, 81, 82,84, A class finalists, 85 A class DCI champions, 86 A class finalists (2nd), 87 DCI A class champions, 88 2nd, 89&90 Dci div 1 champions

*Dutch Boy 1988 & 89 13th DCI Div.1, 1990 DCI div.1 12th, 91 18th div.1 dci,

*Canadian Knights 1984 Div. 2 DCI 2nd, 85 2nd, 86 Div.1 DCI champions,

*Kiwanis Kavaliers 1987, 88, 89, 90, 92, 94,& 95, Div. 2 finalist, 1996 jumped to Div.1 and placed 14th , 97 14th div 1

*** Check this out Chester *** 1985 &86 1st and 2nd place DCI a class both ONTARIO CORPS,

*** ALMOST FORGOT Cadets of Bergen County in 1989 had 14 members from ONTARIO. That is more than 10% of the entire corps.

***I"M ON A ROLL CHESTER***. If I'm not mistaken Dutch Boy won Div. 2/3 corps of the year in 2007

Yes we were all Div2 and 3 corps or A class and B class at that time, but each and every member of these corps marched for the same reason. FOR THE LOVE OF IT!!! During those 80's years there were many ONTARIO instructors around that marched Div.1 corps.

Kieth Mathews (Blue Devils soloist 1980 I believe)

Scott Benson (Santa Clara)

Bill Renault (Santa Clara)

Mark Blandford (Freelancers)

Jeff MacKay (Bridgemen)

Steve Meikle (CAdets)

Pete Hodgeson (27th Lancers)

Rick Galleger (27th Lancers)

Mary Youden (Blessed Sac WGI)

Sven Frehe (Madison Scouts)

Rick Pethrick (Cavaliers)

JUUUUUUUUUUUUUUST TO NAME A FEW.

There were also many instructors of the late 70's into the 80's that marched with the Seneca Optomists and the Oakland Crusaders. That would put these guys marching in the early to late 70's. Don't forget now Chester they were open class Div. 1 champions back then too.

Lee Beddis also comes to mind Percussion arranger for Carolina Crown, also instructed Phantom, Scouts, Star, Crossmen and Glassmen (marched in Canadian Knights, Butch Boy and Cadets of Bergen County)

Jason Parent marched Phantom in the Mid 90's also won I&E snare (marched Emerald Knight and Kavaliers)

Gareth Skipp Drill tech Bluecoats

In closing Chester. COMING TO A FOOTBALL FIELD NEAR YOU...ST JOHN'S FROM BRANTFORD ONTARIO CANADA.

:tongue::tongue::worthy:

Cool ! I made a List !!

Good luck with your corps !!

Nothing wrong with wanting to Kick ..................................

Jeff MacKay

:tongue::tongue::worthy:

Cool ! I made a List !!

Good luck with your corps !!

Nothing wrong with wanting to Kick ..................................

Jeff MacKay

I believe you marched when B-men played Black Market Juggler? My all time Favorite. Nothing even comes close.

Edited by JOHNNY_A

The original post was edited to reflect what the entire St. Johns organization has to offer.

If you have questions or concerns, you may contact either Director.

The original post was edited to reflect what the entire St. Johns organization has to offer.

If you have questions or concerns, you may contact either Director.

Well "Good Luck" to you. You are going to need it. With what you just posted.

St. Johns Cadets – Youth from the ages of 6 to 14

St. Johns DCI – Youth from the ages of 15 to 21

St. Johns DCA – Active ages from 22 and up

St. Johns Winter Drumline

St. Johns Winter Guard

Your DCA group is going to have a TOUGH time. " From 22 UP " age thing. It looks more like an Alumni type group, that is going to compete in DCA. Guess the "22" thingie was to please DCI. Which is fine if that is your Priority.

But, that does put your "Head Line" of " St. John's Drum and Bugle Corps Goes DCA!! " wrong.

It should be, "St. John's Drum and Bugle Corps ADD'S a DCA Group " which looks to be more Accuate.

Hope all works out for you. The more different things available the BETTER!!!!

Edited by Vagabond Skyliner

the ages that are posted are a known general guideline as to where someone from the outside may fit. The ages as always are guidelines to where you you MAY fit in. If the deisre is to be in a certain ara ie dci, winter guard then you may by all means be there. The lisiting just shows whats available to whom ever would like to be apart of the organization. The information that is out is up to date to this minute. Anything other wise posted or said not from myself Corp director or Tony assit. director, Alyson Drum major or a member of the St.Johns Borad Of Directors is just what it is words on a page. If anyone has concerns or questions again fell free to contact me anytime. I am at the hall teus nights instructing the kids so if you truly have something to say come on down. Every hand and opinion is welcome there is more to do with this organization than bad mouth and wine and cry on the internet. A little sweat on the brow never hurt anyone. Thanks too all the supporters were getting there as the old saying goes "cheers to those who wish us well! those who don't can go to hell!"

Edited by Matt Dean

May be a general guideline but wasn't known here until the OP was changed.

So reading the OP, anyone under 22 who does not want to do any touring (if the Jr corps does a tour) will have to go outside Brantford to march.

s/ Guy who marched a "Senior" corps from ages 16 to 22....

the ages that are posted are a known general guideline as to where someone from the outside may fit. The ages as always are guidelines to where you you MAY fit in. If the deisre is to be in a certain ara ie dci, winter guard then you may by all means be there. The lisiting just shows whats available to whom ever would like to be apart of the organization. The information that is out is up to date to this minute. Anything other wise posted or said not from myself Corp director or Tony assit. director, Alyson Drum major or a member of the St.Johns Borad Of Directors is just what it is words on a page. If anyone has concerns or questions again fell free to contact me anytime. I am at the hall teus nights instructing the kids so if you truly have something to say come on down. Every hand and opinion is welcome there is more to do with this organization than bad mouth and wine and cry on the internet. A little sweat on the brow never hurt anyone. Thanks too all the supporters were getting there as the old saying goes "cheers to those who wish us well! those who don't can go to hell!"

Matt:

I hope you were not meaning my post.

I stated that whatever you were doing was "fine". (or OK, if you prefer).

and I quote from my post, "The more different things the better."

But, I do stand by my comment that the "Head Line" was a bit miss leading. Made it look like you were CHANGING to be a DCA Corps. Where as you are ADDING a, All Age/DCA Corps. (Either of which is fine.)

AND

I do wish "ALL" your groups the Best of Luck to Grow and Prosper !!!!!

May be a general guideline but wasn't known here until the OP was changed.

So reading the OP, anyone under 22 who does not want to do any touring (if the Jr corps does a tour) will have to go outside Brantford to march.

s/ Guy who marched a "Senior" corps from ages 16 to 22....

I think that's what Matt is saying with the "general guidlines" thing. It will be on an individual case basis.

Man - that's a lot of projects to be taking on though. Five units takes a LOT of logistical support. Even one takes a lot of logistical support. I hope you can pull it off but you're setting yourself up for a real monster of a job launching all those at once.

Edited by kusankusho