Done with I&E.

I know this will make a lot of people happy, but as a result of DCA banning Crunchy Frog despite assurances that it will comply with all rules, and without anyone even knowing whether or not it will be a legitimate ensemble this year or not, my participation in I&E at the DCA Championships is hereby over. You won't have to worry about Anthrax Ripple, Crunchy Frog or a snare solo making people uncomfortable ... I am done, and will spend that night doing something else that won't cause controversy in DCA.

I hope that no snare solo, cymbal ensemble, percussion ensemble or choir makes anyone uncomfortable at I&E this year. I would hate to see a performance that pushes the envelope beyond what is traditional and acceptable.

Best of luck

LR

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"You got that right. You see, according to Cockteau's plan, I'm the enemy because I like to think. I like to read, I'm into freedom of speech and freedom of choice. I'm the kind of guy that could sit in a greasy spoon and wonder gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs or the side order of gravy fries. I want high cholesterol. I would eat bacon and butter and buckets of cheese. OK. I want to smoke Cuban cigars the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section. I want to run through the streets naked with green Jell-O all over my body reading Playboy magazine. Why, because I might suddenly feel the need to. OK? Pal, I've seen the future. Know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his pajamas, sipping a banana-broccoli shake, singing 'I'm the Oscar Meyer wiener'." - Edgar Friendly, "Demolition Man"

I know this will make a lot of people happy, but as a result of DCA banning Crunchy Frog despite assurances that it will comply with all rules, and without anyone even knowing whether or not it will be a legitimate ensemble this year or not, my participation in I&E at the DCA Championships is hereby over. You won't have to worry about Anthrax Ripple, Crunchy Frog or a snare solo making people uncomfortable ... I am done, and will spend that night doing something else that won't cause controversy in DCA.

I hope that no snare solo, cymbal ensemble, percussion ensemble or choir makes anyone uncomfortable at I&E this year. I would hate to see a performance that pushes the envelope beyond what is traditional and acceptable.

Best of luck

LR

Can I please borrow the twinkies? I have a few ideas. If you can't be there in person....

"Every revolution was first a thought in one man's mind." Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." John Fitzgerald Kennedy

"Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy." Franz Kafka

You will be sorely missed today but even moreso in the years to come...

Lee,

What would this serve by doing this? The old boys in the back room saying, "Good! Took care of him and all his friends!" Personally, as long as you follow by the rules, how can they say no to you? I wouldn't give up if I were you!

Lee,

What would this serve by doing this? The old boys in the back room saying, "Good! Took care of him and all his friends!" Personally, as long as you follow by the rules, how can they say no to you? I wouldn't give up if I were you!

Lee,

There's a large open space by the river, between the two major hotels, that would accommodate Crunchy Frog very nicely. I can't imagine that anyone would be upset/disturbed by a performance at that venue - except, of course, for the medical staff of the area's largest psychiatric hospital.

Best of luck

LR

Not gonna come root me on :(