Season X Discussion

After a bad showing at the regional in KC and the Phoenix show, MN Madness finally came back strong to finish in the top 3 at the New Mexico show!! We are getting cleaner visually and the hard work is paying off again. The hornline and percussion are on fire right now..just need to clean up visually. Can't wait for the next regional!!!

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oklahoma City has proven to be another head scratcher for The Corps of Unspecified Identity (4th, 84.056), who continue their wild roller coaster ride through the end of the week.

The corps managed to slightly improve their score, while drastically improving their 15th place finish from the night before.

Shadow (1st, 84.865), Tri-Color (2nd, 84.200), and Motor City Marauders (3rd, 84.145) were able to maintain their edge over The Corps of Unspecified Identity, but Trumbull Golden Eagles, Firebird, Revelation, The Stud Bolts, Baton Rouge Thunder, Argonne Rebels, and Corps Authorized all fell after placing ahead of Unspecified the night before.

"The amount of inconsistency is mind-boggling," said Chris Rohn, director of The Corps of Unspecified Identity. "Today we thought we had another so-so show. Considering we scored ahead of seven corps that beat us last night, its clear to me that yes, the corps does need to step it up a notch, but also we really need to take a hard look at our judges and demand some consistency across the board. For us, tonight, it was to our benefit."

This is the reality of the close competition in DCP-I. Recent seasons have proven this fact. The finalists in DCP-I 9 were all within 1.6 points of each other at semi-finals, but the competition was even closer in DCP-I 8, where finalists were within a half-point of the gold medal at semi-finals. DCP-I 10 is looking to be that kind of season.

"There is no room for error in this league," said Rohn. "We intend to work on our inconsistencies in the next couple of days and hope to bring out the right emphasis in our program once we hit San Antonio. This will be the first time we see all the corps together; a great indicator of what is to come over the remaining three weeks."

Blue Dynasty finally pulled over the slump of finishing 2nd and 3rd and finished 1st in Oklahoma City. Way to go guys. All I need now is Knights of Poesidon to win a show and then all three of my groups have one a show this season. I really think Blue Dynasty will paint their way into finals with their show Expressions Through Art.

I just want to let everyone know that I will be out of town again this next week. Guess I didn't think of this when I decided to do standings. I apologize for the lack of standings during this season. But after this week I'll be back and in full swing the last two weeks of tour. So good luck everyone while I'm gone. And let the lack of changes keep my corps rising in score. :tongue:

I like where the WYAA is going this season. :tongue:

THE PC VIRUS STRIKES AGAIN!!!!! :tongue:

THE PC VIRUS STRIKES AGAIN!!!!! :tongue:

Heh... you should all know better. ;)

No mattter how many times you tell the kid that the stove is hot, they still burn themselves............what can you do?

7th out of 34 Division I corps in Dallas. We'll take that.

I've got my next batch of caption changes all lined up, too. Just have to wait for Monday to get here so I can implement them. If I'd been thinking, I would have set it up so that I was changing my captions every Friday.

Anyway, here's hoping we can push into the Top 10.