Season X Discussion

A Hot Night in Memphis for the FANFARE Championships. And I mean HOTTT! Mid 80's at 11PM.

And here are the awards as Kosmos blew the doors off everyone in D1.

Division 1

Gold - Kosmos (89.141)

Silver - Velour Knights (87.999)

Bronze - The Eagles (87.987) with .25 penalty

High Brass - Minnesota Madness

High Guard - Bayou Brigade

High Percussion - Argonne Rebels

High GE - Velour Knights

Division 2

Gold - Providence (85.889)

Silver - Nastalgia (85.841)

Bronze - Glory of Eden (85.002)

High Brass - Winter Park Hurricanes

High Guard - Motor City Cadets

High Percussion - Pink Angels

High GE - Emerald Regime

Division 3

Gold - Cross (83.559)

Silver - Nastalgia Percussion Ensemble (82.631)

Bronze - Cape Cod Regiment (82.351)

High Brass - Big Red

High Guard - VK3

High Percussion - Lightning Corps

High GE - Cross

Good luck to all as tour moves to Murfree and Nashville/Atlanta Regionals this weekend

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A CLASS corps almost (I say amost as in 2nd place, wasn't even close score wise) wins the FANFARE Championships. Could have been ugly in the lot. :laughing:

A CLASS corps almost (I say amost as in 2nd place, wasn't even close score wise) wins the FANFARE Championships. Could have been ugly in the lot. :laughing:

Yea a FANFARE corps took all 3 divisions BUT I don't want to hear anything about the Gift baskets we gave to the judges last night.

Yea a FANFARE corps took all 3 divisions BUT I don't want to hear anything about the Gift baskets we gave to the judges last night.

We appreciate the money in the gift basket, but whats with the Girls Gone Wild part 4 DVD? :laughing:

Well, 2 out 3 ain't bad!

I'm very happy for Kosmos to win this premiere event, and special props to our staff for balancing rehearsal time perfectly with a little R+R out on Beale Street the day before the show. I think it really got everybody really focused for last night's show.

But I'm even prouder of Providence. Those kids have been working their BUTTS off all season and coming up short so many times. Last night they finally broke through on the biggest stage of the season so far. :laughing:

Hey, there's a pleasant surprise, my corps is relevant! :tongue: Two straight 3rd place finishes, and hovering around the top 12. Hopefully the changes I make before Atlanta make me even more competitive. I guess that officially qualifies Inferno as a late bloomer, considering we were almost 40th a couple weeks back. Hey, not much you can do when lightning strikes your modem and you have to wait almost a week to get a new one..... :tongue:

Hey, not much you can do when lightning strikes your modem and you have to wait almost a week to get a new one..... :tongue:

modem-500.jpg

modem-500.jpg

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!

1200 baud, man, that takes me back. My first modem was at least a 2400 bps external, but a friend of mine had a 300 bps modem. Toolin' around the local Citadel BBS's with their ASCII graphics and forum structure, all takin' 15 minutes to download one 50kb gif. Heh.