Season X Discussion

Home state advantage......it happens in fantasy corps too :tongue:

Haha, advantage or not - we'll take it! It was an important show for us and we had hoped to plan some much needed changes just in time for it; thankfully it paid off.

Hopefully the night long celebration doesn't cause the corps to fall flat on their faces tonight. See everyone in Memphis!

RVRLogo-3.png

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Chris for the summary. Wish we got more of these from directors.

Now the Stud Bolts. Great performance. But I noticed they are late on the field every show we have been at. Is this part of the show or is there only one socket wrench? :tongue:

Both Kadence and Providence had great shows last night! I spoke with the directors of both corps after the Abilene show, and they both said that they felt that their corps were underperforming. But both corps have put some fantastic work in in the last few days and the results were evident last night in Little Rock. Kadence was tops among division 3 corps, picking up their first win since the first weekend of the season while Providence just missed out on picking up their first win of the season in division 2. They had to be satisfied with their 4th second place finish in their last five shows, but they can sense that they're on the verge of something big.

All 3 FC United corps will be in competition at the big show in Memphis tonight- from the looks of things, it looks like it's practically going to be a 1-day version of Finals.

Thanks Chris for the summary. Wish we got more of these from directors.

Now the Stud Bolts. Great performance. But I noticed they are late on the field every show we have been at. Is this part of the show or is there only one socket wrench? :tongue:

We would have been on time but we got stuck in a traffic jam caused by a broken down bus.

I think next year we may try to take a few more off days so we aren't so rushed and don't keep having these types of delays.

We're just making some rookie mistakes that all.

Edited by ccollins792

Hopefully the night long celebration doesn't cause the corps to fall flat on their faces tonight. See everyone in Memphis!

And of course...we do. Ah well, you lose some you win some. :tongue:

I'd like to commend the directors of the Eagles and The Stud Bolts. Their corps, along with mine, moved into the top 12 last night, overcoming the 0.25 point penalty. Kudos. :)

I'd like to commend the directors of the Eagles and The Stud Bolts. Their corps, along with mine, moved into the top 12 last night, overcoming the 0.25 point penalty. Kudos. :)

That's a difficult thing to do... but have there ever been corps with a penalty that make it into DCP-I Finals? I'm not sure how long the penalty system has been around, since this is only my second season. I'd imagine the penalty corps will really need to be at the very top of the game to even qualify. The finalists in DCP-I 8 were determined by a half point.

I dont know if anyone has made it or not, however I do know that it is very hard to place well with a penalty. The Finger Lake Fighters, on average could probably place 3 or 4 spots higher if it wasnt for the half point penalty. So, congrats to anyone who can take a corp with that kind of baggage and put it in the running for finals. :tongue:

Nope, no corps has ever made Finals with a Penalty.... will this be the first time??

Nope, no corps has ever made Finals with a Penalty.... will this be the first time??

We'll hope to be the trend breakers.

Our div 1 corps came back to reality last night with a seventh place finish in Birmingham. Inferno and the Eagles are still looking strong though with each of them taking the bronze in their respective shows.

Our Div 3 "The Bolts" are still going strong. The Bolts took the Gold in Alabama and will continue to strive for the highest. We have great hopes for the upcoming "Masters of the DCP-I Music Games" in Tennessee. We can't seem to get going on time but when we do go we feel confident we can run with the big dogs.