The Official 2008 Blue Stars Discussion Thread

Anybody coming to the preview show at Onalaska High School Wednesday night at 6pm?

Any thoughts on the 2008 season?

Any thoughts on all of the videos that the Blue Stars have put up on the DCI Fan Network (a new video almost every other day)?

Did you see the Blue Stars Father's Day Tribute on the Fan Network?

Predictions?

Reviews?

Love the videos on the Fan network, but show more of the Blue Stars doing drum corps. Interviews with designers, sectionals, on the field-stuff etc. As great as the father's day video was - it really only catered to those that know the Blue Stars on a personal level.

Looking forward to seeing the show this year!

The musical selections that I've heard for this show are breathtaking. Phenomenal. I've never been much of a Blue Stars fan, but that's soon to change. I just don't know how else to describe it. Based solely on a January camp standstill video the corps playing through some of the show music, I've already decided I will give the Blue Stars no fewer than 4 standing ovations during their show when I see them on July 10.

You want to entertain the fans? It's about 80% music that does it. Blue Stars got it. :ninja:

The clip looks great, I like what I see for June 15th, lots of body along with the work........ Did you see the rifle toss and flag head chop? very nice little touch and not over done.... good peak as to what to expect. ~Cool Blue Stars~

Edited by Cop

Obviously a bit biased as an alum... but they are way ahead of last year, and the difference in the guard especially is nothing short of phenomenal. The music is very cool, and the hornline is definitely finding its volume earlier than ever.

I'm coming in tomorrow and leaving Thursday.

Haven't been able to see the videos. Something is screwed up with my puter. He login page just repeats the login folder half a dozen times instead of loading properly. I'm completely stumped.

the guard vid that was just put up looked really good to me.

With the show title based on a bicycle race I hope the male guard members are not resurrecting anything like Cavies 03 guard costumes. :tongue: