Keep Corps UNPLUGGED!

No, it's aimed at those who choose to disrupt the enjoyment of others and who attack the marching members on the field with their rude behavior.

DCI does cater to the fans. Just because YOU don't like it anymore is hardly indicative of not caring what fans think.

Many of the fans have moved on, unable to relate to the product on the field. You will see that here too, many have already moved on from here too.

Geoffrey

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry...rude audience members at many events can and do get tossed out when they misbehave and impact the enjoyment others are having with their ourbursts. They are not 'usually right'. Sometimes even arrested in extreme cases....see baseball fans who decide it's a good idea to run onto the field during a game. See the numbnuts who pelted the Giants and Chargers with iceballs a number of years ago at Giant's Stadium....and the band I teach...eho were the half-time targets for over-the-top audience behavior.

Youre describing something that has never and most likely will never occur at a Drum Corps show. The fact you would refer to the audience as "rude riff raff" I think is a sentiment shared by many of the top people in DCI.

No, it's aimed at those who choose to disrupt the enjoyment of others and who attack the marching members on the field with their rude behavior.

DCI does cater to the fans. Just because YOU don't like it anymore is hardly indicative of not caring what fans think.

May I ask anyone on this forum - Who actually ENJOYS amplification? Would someone start a poll on this, please.

I'm not talking about the pits, either.

I'm talking about someone TALKING over the corp WITH amplification.

May I also ask MikeD, are you not concerned at all about the expansion of amps to other parts of the corp, namely brass?

For the record.

Odd - when it's mentioned that people boo you say you never heard it. Hnece, no riff-raff...

Mike - I'm not the only one.

Most people that want narration/singing say they like the corps that don't use it too. So - if you can enjoy a corps with no singing, and many of us stay away because of it, what's the smart thing for DCI to do???

Just because YOU like it is hardly indicative of caring what fans think.

May I ask anyone on this forum - Who actually ENJOYS amplification? Would someone start a poll on this, please.

Been done many times. Always overwhelmingly negative, at which point pro-ampers say it's not a significant representation....

Been done many times. Always overwhelmingly negative, at which point pro-ampers say it's not a significant representation....

Un...believable. :tongue:

This must be killing you inside.

Group HUG :dancin:

Bluecoats performed my favorite show last year, part of that was because of the 'narration.'

That being said, since this issue has been debated sooo much on here, and the "pro-amp" people aren't nearly as upset or as passionate about the topic (there isn't an imminent danger of it going away, so why would they be upset), the threads end up with compelling and fervent argument coming primarily from those against amps, since their complaints so far have apparently been ignored and we get further and further from what they want. Something like that.

Bluecoats performed my favorite show last year, part of that was because of the 'narration.'

That being said, since this issue has been debated sooo much on here, and the "pro-amp" people aren't nearly as upset or as passionate about the topic (there isn't an imminent danger of it going away, so why would they be upset), the threads end up with compelling and fervent argument coming primarily from those against amps, since their complaints so far have apparently been ignored and we get further and further from what they want. Something like that.

But are these folks, including yourself, actually pro-amp? Or do they like it either way?

There is a difference.

If the amps went away tomorrow, would you be as passionate about losing what you want as we are?