Keep Corps UNPLUGGED!

Happy to be a new contributing member to the DCP Forum!

Long time Drum Corp Brat. Lifetime FAN.

Joined because I have a cause... To BAN THE AMP!

Someone needs to start an organization against the prolification of voice amplification in the Drum Corp Activity.

It will be called "Keep Corps UNPLUGGED"

Who wants a T-Shirt!?

I DO!

I'm bringing drum corp virgins to Drums Along the Rockies this year and I dread THE VOICE OVERS! I'm embarrased that I will probably have to make apologies for it to my friends and hope they like it anyway!

Ever been to a regional and heard an audible groan rise from the crowd as a perfectly good show is drowned out by someone's voice coming over an amp?

I have and I've had ENOUGH!

Times may change people, but standards must remain.

Drum Corp is about the MUSIC and the VISUAL interpretation of that music. I shouldn't need narration to figure out your program. If I do, then it is deeply flawed.

Moving keyboards to the pit - good change

Inventing the Z-Pull - good change

Amping Voice Overs - BAAAAAD CHAAAAANGE

Stand up for what you love - either way - discussion is good. I want to hear from the fans! Things won't change unless we get heard!

KEEP CORPS UNPLUGGED! KEEP CORPS UNPLUGGED! KEEP CORPS UNPLUGGED! :ninja:

Edited by fluffybunnyfeet

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sign and promote this

Thanks for the tip!

I wish I could sign it more than once!!!

For the LOVE of DRUM CORP! :ninja: Keep Corps UNPLUGGED!

Sign and promote this

And you're a Blue Knights Alum to boot!?

My dad designed their chess horse logo!

My brother marched BK in the 80's, my dad drove their buses and my mom cooked chow.

I never got to march because my Dad died before I was old enough and my Mom didn't support the activity anymore.

My only hope... to see Drum Corp survive the way I love it till my kids can march and I can live vicariously through their experiences, drive buses and... cook chow.

:ninja:

I am also a fan against voice amplification and obviously the talks about at least last year still linger quite a bit.

Though I personally hate it, there were a few (and I strongly emphasize on the word FEW) corps out there that utilized it properly to ADD to the entertainment and excitement of their program

However, the "corps that i doen't even need to name" showed us (with very much a negative response from the general audience) what can happen, and what SHOULD NOT happen to the future of Drum Corps.

they took a leap... testing waters that they risked to take. hey, i give credit for them to try and they still march very clean, but they sacrificed themselves for the "future" of drum corps... or really what is more understood now, NOT the future of.

I am also a fan against voice amplification and obviously the talks about at least last year still linger quite a bit.

Though I personally hate it, there were a few (and I strongly emphasize on the word FEW) corps out there that utilized it properly to ADD to the entertainment and excitement of their program

However, the "corps that i doen't even need to name" showed us (with very much a negative response from the general audience) what can happen, and what SHOULD NOT happen to the future of Drum Corps.

they took a leap... testing waters that they risked to take. hey, i give credit for them to try and they still march very clean, but they sacrificed themselves for the "future" of drum corps... or really what is more understood now, NOT the future of.

Wouldn't you agree, though, that allowing amplification has opened a pandora's box of issues. DCI just passed a couple of rules for 2008 that will allow the use of electronic instruments and the amping of small horn ensembles and soloists! Where does it end? What's next? Doesn't anyone care about the future of Drum Corp? What about the smaller corps that can't compete with big budget corps operating costs? Smaller corps are dissappearing every year. It's just not fair!

Moved to World Class Discussions.

Happy to be a new contributing member to the DCP Forum!

Long time Drum Corp Brat. Lifetime FAN.

Joined because I have a cause... To BAN THE AMP!

Someone needs to start an organization against the prolification of voice amplification in the Drum Corp Activity.

It will be called "Keep Corps UNPLUGGED"

Who wants a T-Shirt!?

I DO!

I'm bringing drum corp virgins to Drums Along the Rockies this year and I dread THE VOICE OVERS! I'm embarrased that I will probably have to make apologies for it to my friends and hope they like it anyway!

Ever been to a regional and heard an audible groan rise from the crowd as a perfectly good show is drowned out by someone's voice coming over an amp?

I have and I've had ENOUGH!

Times may change people, but standards must remain.

Drum Corp is about the MUSIC and the VISUAL interpretation of that music. I shouldn't need narration to figure out your program. If I do, then it is deeply flawed.

Moving keyboards to the pit - good change

Inventing the Z-Pull - good change

Amping Voice Overs - BAAAAAD CHAAAAANGE

Stand up for what you love - either way - discussion is good. I want to hear from the fans! Things won't change unless we get heard!

KEEP CORPS UNPLUGGED! KEEP CORPS UNPLUGGED! KEEP CORPS UNPLUGGED! :ninja:

I agree with you wholeheartedly.

I am also bringing a friend who has never seen drum corps to a show in July. We will use the Cadets show as extra time after intermission to buy concessions and souvenirs.

I have long considered starting a "Society for the Preservation of Drum and Bugle Corps." United as one, I believe a group along those lines can make considerable strides in making drum corps the best activity it can be.

I did purchase a "Keep Drum Corps Unplugged" T-shirt at Madison in 2006, and proudly wore it at shows, but unfortunately I seem to have lost it. I would love to purchase a new one if anyone knows where I can order one.

Edited by Hrothgar15

Yeah, I hate to say it, but the ship's already sailed on this issue.

Really, on all of it. It's not "if". It's "when".