Keep Corps UNPLUGGED!

I planned a summer road trip with 30 other people going to as many shows as possible once i found out the rule change happened. My neighbor did the same. I'm so happy that DCI is aware of this and caters to my desires. I cringe at the old DCI shows.

So you want us to believe that you didn't plan on going to any shows, and as soon as you heard about the rule changes, you and a nice round figure of 30 friends decided drum corps was finally acceptable and you decided to hit the road pursuit of those amplified sounds?

Is that what you want us to believe??? :lol:

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we really to believe that you're taking all these posts seriously??? :whistle:

Yes, but did you plan a road trip with 7 billion people who love electronics to go to as many shows as you could? :lol:

Forget that. On the planet Wertgraster-icky-icky-icky-ptaaaaang there are 27 billion billion globular cluster creatures that just cancelled their finals tickets because of electronics. It represents a like - totally huge loss to DCI, dude, because they like take up 7 seat each for their 12-cheeked #####....

Edited by kusankusho

Are we really to believe that you're taking all these posts seriously??? :lol:

Am I really to believe that you believe that....

Oh never mind..... :whistle:

Am I really to believe that you believe that....

Oh never mind..... :whistle:

I'm amazed this hasn't turned into a Cadets reference yet. :lol:

So you want us to believe that you didn't plan on going to any shows, and as soon as you heard about the rule changes, you and a nice round figure of 30 friends decided drum corps was finally acceptable and you decided to hit the road pursuit of those amplified sounds?

Do you really want me to believe that you were planning a road trip and then canceled it because of electronics?

Do you really want me to believe that you were planning a road trip and then canceled it because of electronics?

Oh - a "neener". Snappy come back..... :lol:

The only one with a mic and amp in drum corps, should be the announcer...most times.

Yeah - there have been occasions.....

Yeah - there have been occasions.....

No kidding! At my very first DCA competition in a corps, at retreat, the announcer thought he'd be funny and just rattled off the scores (no corps names) in random order, and said, "OK, you figure out who got what." Ha ha, very funny .... NOT!

That reminds me, I did see one moment in a drum corps show where a narrator was very effective, but it wasn't in DCI. The corps used a wireless mic that was patched right into the stadium PA - so less chance of <snap, crackle, pop!> line noise. The narrator was actually a professional radio DJ - meaning a highly resonant voice, excellent diction, and pinpoint timing - and his script was borrowed and adapted from something a sports reporter had written about Muhammad Ali, IIRC - so no sophomoric text. The narration ran for about 30 seconds, or the length of a warmup. Didn't need a rule change to do, either. (In fact, it happened a few years before DCI went "plugged in".) The time first time I experienced it, I didn't care for it, but it came to grow on me.

As a singular moment, it stands out, so I wouldn't want to see abundant carbon copies to proliferate. Kind of a one-shot deal, if you know what I mean.

Edited by Dale Bari