Keep Corps UNPLUGGED!

electronics are totally cool and i know for a fact dci has gained more fans because of it. i talked to all my friends and they agree with me. we don't do it online because we have a social life. i'm the only one who is online because i'm the loser of the group. nevertheless we talk about it and i've even spoken to thousands of others who feel the same way. a dci executive told me they're making money because of it too which is so cool. i don't know why this is even an issue. my neighbor even agrees with me. electronics are just plain sweet.

OK, electronics on the field are for furry little creatures that go "MEOW"...and wear boots.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Snipped for brevity.

I'll put Dale's post in the hat for "post of the year".

You know what Dale - you are right. Mike and Hop got what they want so they're all playing happily together in the sandbox they made. I still have DCA to give me shows I can actually care about and not cringe. I have DCA to point to and show videos to friends who have never seen drum corps and not be embarrased when the cheese starts to flow.

And I am, as you say, putting the time to better use. I'm now involved with a 12 year archaeological project here in Ontario. Something I have wanted to do since I was a kid. I'm also writing a second novel. There is life after DCI...

It does make me a little sad though. Like you, I used to love it. Now I'm embarrased by what it has become, an amplified, Disneyfied singing and dancing extravaganza. My hope was to convince just enough people to close their wallets that DCI had to rethink the direction. Who knows if that will work or not? Only time will tell. Given the level of arrogance, I'm not holding my breath.

If it does, I'll be back in the stands. Retirement is coming up in 6 years and the plan was to RV through the USA in the summer hitting the regionals etc. I'm sure we'll find something else to do. My daughter and her friend were also planning a similar road trip. When they learned of the rule changes, they cancelled.

DCI is impervious (oblivious) to all this. Summer Band International lives!

I planned a summer road trip with 30 other people going to as many shows as possible once i found out the rule change happened. My neighbor did the same. I'm so happy that DCI is aware of this and caters to my desires. I cringe at the old DCI shows.

OK, electronics on the field are for furry little creatures that go "MEOW"...and wear boots.

No, they're for humans who are performing and in the audience. Cats are not allowed at DCI shows anyway. What's wrong with you?

I planned a summer road trip with 30 other people going to as many shows as possible once i found out the rule change happened. My neighbor did the same. I'm so happy that DCI is aware of this and caters to my desires. I cringe at the old DCI shows.

Well, I had a road trip with 45,000 other people, same as you, and once we found out the rule changed happened, we all cancelled and found out that another 210,457 people had done the same...so there.

Well, I had a road trip with 45,000 other people, same as you, and once we found out the rule changed happened, we all cancelled and found out that another 210,457 people had done the same...so there.

No. I swear to God I know more people who like electronics than people you know who dislike electronics. This is DCP. Why won't you believe me?

80's Rock Stars????

Hey everyone,

I just started my pro-electronics interest group. We will soon be writing letters to the DCI executives and directors to express our views. I'll let you know when I have meetings scheduled with them as well. I'm really excited to be involved in DCI politics. I think this is my calling.

The world population is expected to hit 7 billion in a few years. I know a guy who says he's pretty sure that they will all like electronics....

The world population is expected to hit 7 billion in a few years. I know a guy who says he's pretty sure that they will all like electronics....

Yes, but did you plan a road trip with 7 billion people who love electronics to go to as many shows as you could? :lol:

Yes, but did you plan a road trip with 7 billion people who love electronics to go to as many shows as you could? :lol:

He didn't, but I did. Logistical nightmare, really.

edit: was fully aware that I misspelled logistical but hit the post button anyway...

Edited by Design Hound