Cadets Volunteer -- Day 4 Part 1

pardon me?

I have meen a tour volunter , and worked my a## off for 6 years

It probably took him less than 5 minutes to post this report. Get over yourself.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this is why I won't be back...why work my a## off while others are not pulling their share...have any of you actually worked a food truck? Then you know what I am talking about.

and look at the members viewing this thread...he has been online for at least an hour.

...with all due respect...

when you volunteer to help out a corps, any corps... IT IS NOT TO BE A REPORTER FOR DCP.

you will be more appreciated if you put 100% of your time into actually helping out the corps.

BOOOOOOO!

this is why I won't be back...why work my a## off while others are not pulling their share...have any of you actually worked a food truck? Then you know what I am talking about.

and look at the members viewing this thread...he has been online for at least an hour.

Yeah I have seen members of a food truck seeing as how I did march, and I do believe they were allowed to take breaks and there are periods of downtime for them. Why must you make this into a negative thread when all he is doing is giving us an update as to what's going on?

Yes, I have. I'm glad you don't volunteer for my corps with that attitude.

Yeah I have seen members of a food truck seeing as how I did march, and I do believe they were allowed to take breaks and there are periods of downtime for them. Why must you make this into a negative thread when all he is doing is giving us an update as to what's going on?

Sounds like what I saw in 2005/2006 also.... Guess the people I talked to should have been B-worded out for taking time to talk to me.

For a few decades I used to volunteer at an Old Car show at Hershey, PA (yeah the big bugger in October). One big thing I learned is if you start riding volunteers butts, you're not going to have them in the future. And that goes for volunteers riding other volunteers butts also. Have seen too much of "If... is running that area, I'm working somewhere else or staying home" or "Was going to work at the ... area, but that a-hole from last year is there and I'm NOT putting up with his/her crap".

And..believe it or not, there are corps that have a decent amount of volunteers on the road that give some people blocks of the day off so that they aren't burning themselves out working every minute of the day. I was with a corps last week that had a breakfast crew, a separate lunch crew and then everyone helped out for dinner. They alternated each day and it gave the volunteers a chance to relax or watch their kids practice.

...he has been online for at least an hour.

Maybe he logged onto DCP, typed for 30 seconds then went back to work while leaving himself logged on. Or maybe he did his post while he was taking a dump. Are volunteers allowed to go to the bathroom?

so have any of you worked 2 weeks or more on the food truck, and not had volunteers do their fare share of the work?

then you know what I am talking about

Well as of right now, I am still in the military so I cannot take off for the summer to voluteer, but I would if I could. Even still, there is no need for an attitude like the one you are displaying.