Does anyone really care about Open Class?

Cadet Corps was "development" in spades...Phantom Regiment Cadets, Madison Jr. Scouts, Colt Cadets, Blue Star Cadets, etc. In the East, but further back in time, there were the Patriot Cadets (Patriots) and Greece Shoreliner Cadets (Cadets of Greece) to name a few. We used to have CCI, for heavens sake (look it up!). Before the circuits "closed up shop", this was the structure.

(It's starting again, Eric. Make it stop!)

:tongue:

I think we're pretty much on the same side of this argument... other than the fact that the corps you mention pre-date my becoming a fan. Checking out Corpsreps, I see that it was just by a few years.

I hope that people will make it a priority to support the Open Class corps this year, even if by just "showing up." They deserve to have more folks in the stands than just their parents and staff members and a few bus drivers looking for some creamer for their coffee in the early hours when they're usually going on.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Open class corps aren't required to attend Open Class only shows...in fact most of the open class corps perform at more World shows in a season than they do open shows.

Open Class corps are in fact actively prohibited from attending many World Class shows. Velvet Knights were not allowed to perform at the Rose Bowl show this year even though it is in their hometown. Oregon Crusaders are no longer allowed at Drums Along the Rockies.

A corps will always choose being in the bottom 5 of World Class to being in the top 5 of Open Class, because no matter how low Pioneer or Mandarins place, they get paid. No matter high an Open Class corps places, they don't.

Open Class corps are in fact actively prohibited from attending many World Class shows. Velvet Knights were not allowed to perform at the Rose Bowl show this year even though it is in their hometown.

You can still support VK by buying your food and drinks at concession stand #2. **Please** Main entrance. Hook to the right. Yell "VK!" and hopefully, if we're not too busy crazy, you might just get a ""All the Way!" shouted right back at 'cha.

Oregon Crusaders are no longer allowed at Drums Along the Rockies.

A corps will always choose being in the bottom 5 of World Class to being in the top 5 of Open Class, because no matter how low Pioneer or Mandarins place, they get paid. No matter high an Open Class corps places, they don't.

Actually, Perm Stand #2 is our "home" stand for the UCLA games........

For the 4th of July, we will be at Perm #23..........THE busiest stand for this event..............so, yeah, thank you all in advance for coming by and supporting us at this event.

DRINKS???!!!

comecloser.jpg

and you better believe they care about open class...especially if their corps is there and moving up!!!

Edited by BigDale

Open class is the back bone of the activity. Without open class , world class would not exsist.

Open class is the back bone of the activity. Without open class , world class would not exsist.

As much as I love Open Class, I am pretty confident that World Class would survive just fine without them. Most who audition for WC and do not make it tend to opt out of marching at all. Those 'die-hard' OC members would end up filling the ranks of the Troopers and Pioneer (for example) or go DCA.

and you better believe they care about open class...especially if their corps is there and moving up!!!

Did you post this before of after you drank that punch? :thumbup:

Did you post this before of after you drank that punch? :tongue:

Totally staged, although if you were at the VK alumni gig at Nats last year...that cup got alot of use, Mr. Crab went to a colorguard girl, Mr. Monkey was taken away by some kids and I do not know what happened to Jack, the parrot. I am sure that all this stuff looked really odd coming through airport security--lots of blow up dolls and plastic toys, along with the coconut drink cup. :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Just another day,

with the mighty VK!

Totally staged, although if you were at the VK alumni gig at Nats last year...that cup got alot of use, Mr. Crab went to a colorguard girl, Mr. Monkey was taken away by some kids and I do not know what happened to Jack, the parrot. I am sure that all this stuff looked really odd coming through airport security--lots of blow up dolls and plastic toys, along with the coconut drink cup. :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Just another day,

with the mighty VK!

This just reminds me that I need to meet more VK Alum...........