1989 Bd finals solo

RaiderLex

I've heard several rumors about the 1989 Blue Devils solo, i want to know wut really happened. Any information is greatly appreciated

What "really happened" how? He fracked the solo. Everyone does it at one time or another...

Mike

Yep. A big tick at a big moment, but oh well. Things like that happen. Now the story about what led up to it, his intentions, the corps reactions, etc. have all been blown out of proportion. Bottom line is that he ticked at a big moment, but it can happen to anyone....

I marched with the 1989 Blue Devils.

1989 Blue Devils: Quite possibly the WORST soloist cack in DCI history. He played his solo flawlessly every performance and practice of the season, but when he cracked that high note at end of "If We Were In Love" instead of playing it safe, he tried UNSUCCESSFULLY THREE MORE TIMES to hit that note, and blew the rest of the solo. In addition to this, the next song (drum solo) began with a soprano solo (his) and he was so freaked out at the horror he'd just caused, he fracked half the notes in his next solo too! Not saying it's all his fault, but we took fourth finals night after having placed third the night before. He pretty much disappeared right after the finals performance, not sure what became of him after that. Kind of a hot dog, and egotistical jerkoff. Never liked him anyway.

Edited by ContraRich77

1989 Blue Devils: Quite possibly the WORST soloist cack in DCI history. He played his solo flawlessly every performance and practice of the season, but when he cracked that high note at end of "If We Were In Love" instead of playing it safe, he tried UNSUCCESSFULLY THREE MORE TIMES to hit that note, and blew the rest of the solo. In addition to this, the next song (drum solo) began with a soprano solo (his) and he was so freaked out at the horror he'd just caused, he fracked half the notes in his next solo too! Not saying it's all his fault, but we took fourth finals night after having placed third the night before. He pretty much disappeared right after the finals performance, not sure what became of him after that. Kind of a hot dog, and egotistical jerkoff. Never liked him anyway.

I believe he's a lawyer in NorCal right now.

What "really happened" how? He fracked the solo. Everyone does it at one time or another...

Mike

i heard that he got high, before the show or played the show while high, i don't remember exactly. Thats what i meant. I wanted to know whether it was true or not.

Um...............Out of good taste and tact, I should probably neither confirm nor deny this rumor.

Guest Nuts4Corps

3rd in Semis?

According to every set of scores I have ever seen, you guys were 4th going in to finals....3rd in Quarters.

NUTS