Needing some serious advice

OKAY, so here's the lowdown.

Say I march corps A, an open class group. I left the group in april for personal reasons, but was given the opportunity to perform with them earlier this week. I have to come up with the money by saturday so I can march. Now a lot of people are trying to pull together to help my situation, but it's probably not going to be enough. Secondly the gas prices have hit corps A really hard and they need to raise a lot of money in order to make it to finals. Third, the last spot on my instrument was taken by someone else, leaving me to pick up a different one and catch up.

Now say corps B, a newer world class corps, offered me free or very discounted prices to take the last spot of my instrument.

Corps B seems much more appealing but corps A is my home. It's the first corps I started with and I feel as if I would let them down if I left. Asking my closest friends for advice I got opinions from both sides, both of which only state the positives.

So now I need your help with this......

Edited by Prometheus

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could always sit back and watch and kick yourself over and over again for the next 20 years.

I say go with your gut. You know what you're going to get at Corps A....go out on a limb and march Corps B

It is noble to want to stay with your open corps, but money is money. If it were me, I would find out what the possiblity of getting the finances in order were. If it doesn't seem possible go with the World corps.

Corps B sounds like a much better logistical and financial choice, but if you feel very strongly about Corps A, then do it...but prepare yourself for the consequences (for lack of a better word).

OKAY, so here's the lowdown.

Say I march corps A, an open class group. I left the group in april for personal reasons, but was given the opportunity to perform with them earlier this week. I have to come up with the money by saturday so I can march. Now a lot of people are trying to pull together to help my situation, but it's probably not going to be enough. Secondly the gas prices have hit corps A really hard and they need to raise a lot of money in order to make it to finals. Third, the last spot on my instrument was taken by someone else, leaving me to pick up a different one and catch up.

Now say corps B, a newer world class corps, offered me free or very discounted prices to take the last spot of my instrument.

Corps B seems much more appealing but corps A is my home. It's the first corps I started with and I feel as if I would let them down if I left. Asking my closest friends for advice I got opinions from both sides, both of which only state the positives.

So now I need your help with this......

Time for some "tough love." You know the costs and benefits already. No one else is likely going to know your values as well as you. So, suck it up, decide and don't look back either way.

Personally, I say corps B. Trying a new corps is a lot of fun, getting to know new people and learning someone else's side of it....and it sounds like financially that's the better choice, which is always a very important factor.

I realize that's still just more positives, but are you aging out this season? If not, I say corps B for sure, and if things don't work out go back "home" next season and you'll be fine.

Either way, good luck with the decision and keep us posted where you're heading!

I certainly understand the sentimental rationale for Corps A, but not having those sentiments myself, and only being able to look at it rationally from your description, it definitely sounds like Corps B is the way to go... no money on your part, a better guarantee of making it all the way through tour, and a World Class experience. It's hard to beat that.

Edited by Keith Laubhan