And the 2008 Color Guard trophy goes to...

Come to think of it, if Crown's guard is good, (which we know it will be), and their hornline follows through, ( which they always do), and their percussion dude is working magic on the drumline like I hear he is, watch out. Crown coming through.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, not that I can remember. But Crown was right behind The Cavaliers most of the summer. It could have been either of them.

That should tell you something. That even though the scores were close all season Crown never beat them. I'm pretty sure it could not have been either of them, because if it could it would have happened at least once.

I'm very skepticel about Crown winning. Not because they are not an outstanding color guard, they are. It's just that The Cavaliers, and Cadets are just doing more stuff. While that isn't the only criteria used. It will be very difficult for Crown to overcome the difference in achievement that is inherent in their visual program between them and the groups above them.

If Crown wants to realistically compete with The Cavaliers, Cadets and BD they will need to chance a few things from a difficulty stand point, especially visually. The first thing they need to do more drill. They only had 137 sets last year. That won't cut it if they want to play with the big boys.

Edited by profhill

That should tell you something. That even though the scores were close all season Crown never beat them. I'm pretty sure it could not have been either of them, because if it could it would have happened at least once.

I'm very skepticel about Crown winning. Not because they are not an outstanding color guard, they are. It's just that The Cavaliers, and Cadets are just doing more stuff. While that isn't the only criteria used. It will be very difficult for Crown to overcome the difference in achievement that is inherent in their visual program between them and the groups above them.

If Crown wants to realistically compete with The Cavaliers, Cadets and BD they will need to chance a few things from a difficulty stand point, especially visually. The first thing they need to do more drill. They only had 137 sets last year. That won't cut it if they want to play with the big boys.

Wow, I 100% disagree. Not that I'm a guard person or even remotely interested in the caption, but just from an uneducated observers standpoint. The difficulty is what propelled Crown to 2nd. They were very much on the same stage. Do not diminish the outstanding Cavies guard from last year by suggesting Crown was far inferior. Let's face it. Cavies were just that good.

Wow, I 100% disagree. Not that I'm a guard person or even remotely interested in the caption, but just from an uneducated observers standpoint. The difficulty is what propelled Crown to 2nd. They were very much on the same stage. Do not diminish the outstanding Cavies guard from last year by suggesting Crown was far inferior. Let's face it. Cavies were just that good.

Now THAT makes more sense.

I have a feeling it will go to the Cavies. Samurai seems like such a good fit.

Okay, that hit me hard. You're saying that the Cadets guard is better than Crowns?????????????

You ARE kidding me, right? Name me at least 3 reasons why Cadets guard is better then Crown. Please. Not bashing the Cadet's guard or anything, I just don't see how you can think they are better then Carolina.

Okay, that hit me hard. You're saying that the Cadets guard is better than Crowns?????????????

You ARE kidding me, right? Name me at least 3 reasons why Cadets guard is better then Crown. Please. Not bashing the Cadet's guard or anything, I just don't see how you can think they are better then Carolina.

Uhh, you must be living in a dreamworld or something. The Cadets have a history of having a great guard. Just because Crown has had one or two years of beating The Cadets in guard doesn't make them better all-of-a-sudden. I am not gonna make a prediction as to who will have a better guard this season because I haven't seen either guard, but if I were a betting man, I would probably have my money on Cadets.

Rest assured this is not a flame on Crown, but I am just going by what I have seen and experienced from marching Cadets.

Edited by 2000Cadet

Uhh, you must be living in a dreamworld or something. The Cadets have a history of having a great guard. Just because Crown has had one or two years of beating The Cadets in guard doesn't make them better all-of-a-sudden. I am not gonna make a prediction as to who will have a better guard this season because I haven't seen either guard, but if I were a betting man, I would probably have my money on Cadets.

So yeah, bout' that. I'm just basing a prediction. In fact, let me state for the record (here comes the bold) chances are many of our predictions are wrong. All we've seen is spring training clips, and that's nothing much to go by. Let's wait until we hear reviews on Sunday until we jump to conclusions.

I was curious, so I averaged the top seven's colorguard placements since 2003.

1.8 Blue Devils (3 guard titles)

2.2 Cavaliers (1 title)

2.8 The Cadets (1 title)

4.6 SCV

5.0 Crown

5.6 Phantom

7.4 Bluecoats

Edited by Harmonious Cacophony