Dublin Irish Pub

From the recaps, it doesn't look like it was CC, it was Mark Hart. . .who had the Crossmen (sub-caption) , Gmen and BAC all in front of Blooo....WOW! Someone needs to inquire about that. . .seems odd. Based on the discussion in this thread, it seems like Mr. Hart already has a reputation for being a poor adjudicator. Perhaps DCI, should go the way of WGI and quietly dismiss some of their adjudicators. . . :tongue:

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's cool man. Just trying to get the point across.

All my best to the Bluecoats this year. Seeing them at Blue Debut makes me really excited to see what they do with this package. It's a fabulous concept and I'm looking forward to a great improvement from last year, as we all hope for every year. Go Blooo!

Edited by Senisa

A few things come to mind about this show and others.

1. I think that in general spreads are going to be closer early due to the 5 judges. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if when it finally gets to full panel the spreads really open up quick. I think especially the coats will be one of the few corps that really gains from having all judges present. I say this because it is apparent that coats music captions are incredible and top notch but also with a new visual staff and colorguard staff they will lean moreso on their music. Currently with no brass score it is hurting them moreso than BAC I believe.

2. The cadets weren't there, which some people may not agree with but often when the top dog corps leaves the gap closes between a corps such as Coats/BAC or even SCV/BK

3. I love how all coats fans are getting protective! Because wasn't it last year when coats beat Cavies/BD that they all couldn't stop yap'n about it yet all non-coats fans were saying it's a long season...now the coat fans are saying that. I just want these people to remember this incase they happen to beat another top 3 corps.

I will say I wish I could hear their brass live because they have been getting really good! Plus by the looks/sounds their drumline might be the top dog to beat, waiting for the first PR/BC show!!

BAC is good. Thought they were the best in Toledo.

Bluecoats Percussion helped them stay ahead of Boston.

Seems Bluecoats percussion line is pretty good off these 2 nights scores.

Lots of good vibes here in the early season on BAC from a lot of reviewers who've seen them.

From the recaps, it doesn't look like it was CC, it was Mark Hart. . .who had the Crossmen (sub-caption) , Gmen and BAC all in front of Blooo....WOW! Someone needs to inquire about that. . .seems odd. Based on the discussion in this thread, it seems like Mr. Hart already has a reputation for being a poor adjudicator. Perhaps DCI, should go the way of WGI and quietly dismiss some of their adjudicators. . . :tongue:

Where is Mark Hart from?

I have to say that I love the Bluecoats, and they definitely got better from Saturday to Sunday. That said, Mark Hart is actually a very decent judge, and he was absolutely correct. Bluecoats have some real meat that is just filthy right now. It will get better, but it would not be appropriate to give them the number when their feet need some real cleaning. Franly, y advice would be to bring Stephanie Furniss back.