Video game based show

the music from gears of war! So dark and angry, it really keeps you on the edge of your seat!

There are so many other pieces to choose from the soundtrack, however a lot of the pieces sound extremely similar which would kind of get old hearing the same theme for 12 minutes. But I still love the music, very dark, aggressive and in your face. I would love to see any corps tackle this. :tongue:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I typed this up in my own thread that died a horrible, silent death, but I'll repost it here.

The title would be either Fantasy Fantasie, or something similar to Fantasy in Time. It would feature the music of Chrono Cross and Final Fantasy, and the overall style seems to fit Phantom in my mind, but any of you may have another idea as to that!

The show would open with a short exerpt from The Prelude, and then move into the main opener, The Dream that Time Dreams from Chrono Cross. The bright and energetic opener would fade out with darker and more somber chords, leading up to the second movement, one out of One Winged Angel (Final Fantasy VII), Liberi Fatale (Final Fantasy VIII), or Dancing Mad (Final Fantasy VI). After a couple moments of silence from the massive finish of whichever of these three, To Zanarkand slowly builds into what I think would make a hauntingly beautiful ballad. Finally, after the last chords of To Zanarkand fade away, the corps finishes with Time's Scars (or the Scars of Time, depending on who you talk to) from Chrono Cross.

All in all, I think that in the right hands this could make an amazing show.

Black Isle games... music from the soundtracks to:

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic I (Jeremy Soule) & II (Mark Griskey)

That by itself would be an awesome show. In fact, I did a fantasy drum corps show like that once:

GALACTIC EMPIRES

I. Kreia’s Theme/Malachor V Battle Music

from “Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II” by Mark Griskey

II. Battlestar of the Andromeda Nebula

from “Galactic Empires” by David Gillingham

III. Manaan

from “Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic” by Jeremy Soule

IV. Earthstar of the Milky Way

from “Galactic Empires” by David Gillingham

Also:

Baldur's Gate I & II

Icewind Dale I & II

Quest for Glory V

Might & Magic IX

A trilogy, including music from:

Baldur's Gate

Icewind Dale

Neverwinter Nights.

Edited by BozzlyB

Halo

Last year at a combined Winterguard/Percussion event in Orlando, one of the high school percussion units did Halo, DDR and I think some Final Fantasy. They were dressed in black, with the various button symbols on their chests/backs, and on the floor (X, A, Y, B).

It was very well received....

Impulse had a pretty cool video game based show with the music from Final Fantasy VII last year

Beat me to it.