Bonnie Ott Returns to the Field

Hello:

I apologize if this is old news, but I just saw an article in a California publication about Bonnie Ott returning to the competition field as a mellophonist with the San Francisco Renegades

Click here to access article

Congratulations to Chris Nalls and the Renegades organization for bringing back one of the greats to the activity.

Truly tremendous!!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice! Would've liked a mention that she won DCI with BD in 76, but you can't have everything.

One of the Legends....welcome back Bonnie...can't wait for Rochester.

Thanks for the heads up Scooter.........waaaaay cool stuff.

Congrats to the Renegades and welcome back Bonnie.

Just another reminder that IT'S IN OUR BLOOD!!!!!!

Joe

Thanks for the heads up Scooter.........waaaaay cool stuff.

Congrats to the Renegades and welcome back Bonnie.

Just another reminder that IT'S IN OUR BLOOD!!!!!!

Joe

Heard that Bonnie picked up a mello from the Freelancers Alumni the other day and will be performing with us as well.

Edited by scv guy

Yep, when Bob and Annie Sullivan told me that Bonnie was gonna play and march again, when Pop and Bonnie confirmed it...Well, it was about the hardest news I've ever sat on as I agreed to keep it off-record per Bonnie's request.

Ahh, drum corps. History relived! Thanks, Scooter, for posting the article!

LOLOLOL......more good news.......see, it's the deal.....once ya get 'em hooked, they're into all of it........can't wait to see her in the line......

J

Heard that Bonnie picked up a mello from the Freelancers Alumni the other day and will be performing with us as well.

How cool... and even better was seeing her picture in the Stockton paper. Loved her work in both her '70s corps (and saw a lot of them , marching in another CA corps at that time myself) and was one of those who jumped to my feet cheering at finals in '76 when she took off her shako and shook out her hair after her solo in the encore. Welcome back, Bonnie!

Tom Eschenfelder

SCV '70-73

Also have to add, I've been a Bonnie Ott fan since her days with BD ... Glad to see her out there again and hope she decides to stick around the senior activity for a while. She definitely still has a contribution to make to this activity and to the fans.

At 53, that's pretty god-#### cool.