Will Regiment change their Uniforms before end of season?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

.... but if you are looking at the whole staging concept. Guard is all in grey and bronze tones with orange and copper equipment. Red on the uniform is not going to tie into anything they have going and they are always looking at the total package - so don't see any of that happening.
prsop01

I was under the impression that the guard's flags that we saw at Rockford (orange) were still rehearsal flags, not their actual "show" flags....

and I've also spoken with someone involved with the corps that said some things about the uni would be changing at some point, but I wasn't given specific details.

If I had to guess, it'd be the baldric/sash, etc.

Well I do like it when the colors used by the guard compliment the main corps uniforms. However, in this paticular show contrasting colors could help accentuate the two opposing sides of slaves and Romans.

But I imagine what ever the final show flags are and whatever changes may be made to the corps unifrom it will be well coordinated and effective.

More accessorizing is certainly a good possibility, but concern for their financial survival suggests that a wholesale uniform or other costly visual change just for the theme of this show would be a really bad idea. This corps has had some perilous financial issues in recent years, and they've had the added cost of two west coast tours in a row in years with record gas prices, as well as new unis and instruments recently. They need to manage their finances more conservatively than swapping to all new unis for one show, so they're still around to compete in the future.

Edited by Peel Paint

I agree about the red baldric. Remember in was it 1989 when they pulled out the red cape during the show?

And 1987, 1988, 1990, if not other years. That was a standard PR gimmick then.

More accessorizing is certainly a good possibility, but concern for their financial survival suggests that a wholesale uniform or other costly visual change just for the theme of this show would be a really bad idea. This corps has had some perilous financial issues in recent years, and they've had the added cost of two west coast tours in a row in years with record gas prices, as well as new unis and instruments recently. They need to manage their finances more conservatively than swapping to all new unis for one show, so they're still around to compete in the future.

oh just shut up about that.

it's been taken care of

:biggrin::laugh:

Edited by chaos001

and red plumes would be a great touch. Just guessing though.

No. Uh-uh. Forget it. BAND-O-RAMA. That blue feather-looking crap they pulled last year (esp. the gauntleys) was the cheesiest uni accessory Regiment has ever had. Even the early look of '92 wasn't THAT bad. I believe PR's decision makers will be much more careful about uni changes for '08. If there is a red baldric/cape, you'd better believe it'll be blood red and much more macho than that stuff from last season.

oh just shut up about that.

it's been taken care of

:biggrin::laugh:

I know the corps says the financial problems have been resolved. That doesn't mean there's a license to sweep the past under the astroturf and ignore its lessons. I don't think PR thinks that way, but I'm just saying that this corps should not dump relatively new unis to buy a new set to fit the theme of one show, as some have suggested in this thread. Financing a drum corps has never been easy, but IMO the DCI touring model has not in recent years faced the challenges posed this particular year with gas and food prices, and reduced support in most cases due to lower discretionary income for most fans. You need a long-term view to survive. Even if has a donor who comes forward to finance new unis, there are better uses for that donation right now than a one-off use like this. JMO, and you're entitled to yours as well.

and red plumes would be a great touch. Just guessing though.

No. Uh-uh. Forget it. BAND-O-RAMA. That blue feather-looking crap they pulled last year (esp. the gauntleys) was the cheesiest uni accessory Regiment has ever had. Even the early look of '92 wasn't THAT bad. I believe PR's decision makers will be much more careful about uni changes for '08. If there is a red baldric/cape, you'd better believe it'll be blood red and much more macho than that stuff from last season.

I liked the "blue feather-looking crap" on the baldrics and gauntlets. Now if they had little pictures of birdies on them, that would be cheesy but the abstract feather design looked good, IMHO. A lot of people don't seem to like the color light blue which I have no understanding of. I certainly enjoy that color when I look at the sky every day. Hmmmm..................sky, birds..........seems like they might go together.

Pasadena_008w.jpg

Having said that, I do think a deep red accessory would look cool this year.

I was in Stillwater on Sunday and watched the Phantom Regiment and loved this year's Spartacus. The only nagging question for me was if they were going to change the uniform by season's end. If you look at the drum shells, they have a red and brownish color going on that doesn't really match the white uni with silverish sash. It just feels like this show would have that extra OOMPH if they had a Roman military look. Maybe bring back the '96 uni? I just have this feeling we haven't seen the late season uniform. What do you think?

OK, I'm lost. How could red and brown not work against predominently white with some silver thrown in? Against yellow, purple, teal, etc. you might have some argument, but white?

Regards,

John