Will Regiment change their Uniforms before end of season?

Very different from last year. Last year's were a teal/blue to black fade.

When I first saw the photo online of the new drum finish, I was undecided about whether I like them or not, even in the face of many decrying how awful they were. But now having seen them up close and personal, I've established my opinion: they're ugly. I'm definitely not a fan of that particular look. Which is too bad, too, because they've had some of my favorite drum looks over the past few years.

Maybe ugly is too strong a term. Let's go with "not my cup of tea" instead.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very different from last year. Last year's were a teal/blue to black fade.

When I first saw the photo online of the new drum finish, I was undecided about whether I like them or not, even in the face of many decrying how awful they were. But now having seen them up close and personal, I've established my opinion: they're ugly. I'm definitely not a fan of that particular look. Which is too bad, too, because they've had some of my favorite drum looks over the past few years.

Maybe ugly is too strong a term. Let's go with "not my cup of tea" instead.

But again, "ugly" can turn into "cool" if it matches other accents they add, which of course at this point they haven't. The color of the drum shells is what brought it to my mind in the first place.

Seems like everyone and their grandma has had a uni change or will this year.

.... but if you are looking at the whole staging concept. Guard is all in grey and bronze tones with orange and copper equipment. Red on the uniform is not going to tie into anything they have going and they are always looking at the total package - so don't see any of that happening.

Since when has color coordination between guard and brass/perc ever been a priority in DC?!

And MNDCIFan, why would the uniform make you less enjoy the musical book? I predict PR will soon sport a dramatic new baldric/gauntlets that will make the drum finish "make sense".

Edited by hughesmr

And MNDCIFan, why would the uniform make you less enjoy the musical book? I predict PR will soon sport a dramatic new baldric/gauntlets that will make the drum finish "make sense".

:biggrin:

It wouldn't. Not sure where you got that, unless you misread "drum look" for "drum book"? You're correct, though, that how they look has no bearing (to me, at least) on how they sound.

I also think you're entirely correct that the upcoming look change will likely mesh better with the drum finish.

.... but if you are looking at the whole staging concept. Guard is all in grey and bronze tones with orange and copper equipment. Red on the uniform is not going to tie into anything they have going and they are always looking at the total package - so don't see any of that happening.

I was under the impression that the guard's flags that we saw at Rockford (orange) were still rehearsal flags, not their actual "show" flags....

and I've also spoken with someone involved with the corps that said some things about the uni would be changing at some point, but I wasn't given specific details.

If I had to guess, it'd be the baldric/sash, etc.

...close to color of their ugly new drums.

Hey, at least they don't have Barney-purple drums circa 1995.