drum corps color guards for 2008

dugg

Kthxbai.

oops! :tongue:

it's not her fault,in "sara's" defence,her delivery isn't nearly as bad as the script. :smile:

Edited by dugg

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No offense taken. I never said I liked her....lol...

My question (well, okay......ONE of my questions) about Cadets show is, who the HECK is the girl at the end supposed to be??

"Sara" starts out at the beginning of the show saying that her first grandchild was born the day before.......and at the end, she's hugging a younger girl (age dependent on what show they're at). Sometimes it's a young child, others it's a member of the guard.

So is it the grandchild and the baby's first few meals were a formula of Miracle-Gro, or is it the daughter, and the little girl is a VERY young mother.....and if it's that one, WHY is she not still in the hospital???

ginger you crack me up,in the theater it's refered to as "suspension of disbelief" :tongue: ,"sara" used to have cancer too [anybody remember that?]although i beleive they had the good sense to edit that out.we don't quite know who "sara" is so it's hard for us to care about the character or become invested in her story.the whole cheesey interveiw thing smacks of a bad middle school production.

btw,the guard is good. :smile:

it's been discussed elsewhere on the forums but i do love the presto-chango dresses the santa clara vanguard have at the end of their show[9:48].they appear magically and are a real visual treat!

Edited by dugg

Sorry to be so late posting this, but I just returned from Buffalo this afternoon. Anyway, here's a link to my photos (lotsa guard shots): Buffalo pix

Will, you and I agree on a whole lotta stuff, but sadly I can't share your enthusiasm for Blue Knights' flags. I don't know what it is, but other than the closer flag they used, I just didn't find them visually striking or powerful enough.

More thoughts tomorrow. . . .

ginger you crack me up,in the theater it's refered to as "suspension of disbelief" :thumbup: ,"sara" used to have cancer too [anybody remember that?]although i beleive they had the good sense to edit that out.we don't quite know who "sara" is so it's hard for us to care about the character or become invested in her story.the whole cheesey interveiw thing smacks of a bad middle school production.

btw,the guard is good. :worthy:

And what's with the Cadet's set? If it's a radio show, shouldn't they be in a studio? It reminds me more of Oprah than Frasier Crane.

georgous flag design awards! :tongue:

Well, y'all will probably think I'm crazy, but I love the Colts' flags. For my tastes, they had the most effective designs of the guards I saw in Buffalo.

Honorable Mention: Glassmen.

My question (well, okay......ONE of my questions) about Cadets show is, who the HECK is the girl at the end supposed to be??

"Sara" starts out at the beginning of the show saying that her first grandchild was born the day before.......and at the end, she's hugging a younger girl (age dependent on what show they're at). Sometimes it's a young child, others it's a member of the guard.

So is it the grandchild and the baby's first few meals were a formula of Miracle-Gro, or is it the daughter, and the little girl is a VERY young mother.....and if it's that one, WHY is she not still in the hospital???

lol about the Miracle Gro! I have a problem with that same part too! At West Chester the girl at the end of the show was probably 6-7yrs old & wore a white dress. I thikn she had a teddy bear too. She was all kinds of cute and it gave the Cadets that sappy (blech) ending they were seeking. Then at A-town she was definitely older and had on a maroon dress!

The younger girl at WC had a ton more "awww" moments from the crowd (even though the flags over by the 10 yd line were a disaster- good thing no one except for me was watching the flags then!), but the script doesn't make this work. It should be that Sarah had her second grandchild the day before to make it flow when the grandchild shows up on the field. Then there's a simple explanation for the "older" grandchild- she was the 1st one.

There were a number of chuckles around me at A-town (on the 50, 19 rows up) when Sarah said the part about "forget men". The lesbian comments started right after that. :wink:

Edited by kac

There were a number of chuckles around me at A-town (on the 50, 19 rows up) when Sarah said the part about "forget men". The lesbian comments started right after that. :wink:

i thought the same thing immediately! :worthy:

in my version she would;embrace her militant lesbian tendencies and marry a woman that she meets at the "virginia slims golf classic",create and manage "bushwackers" an all lesbian landscaping service,coach a women's bowling team:"the lickety splits",adopt two rescue cats,re-name them "cagney" and "lacey" and find fullfillment through "fiber art"! :worthy:

cue smily face and wink :wink:

Edited by dugg

guilty! :wink: