drum corps color guards for 2008

dugg

i wonder too kemosabe,although i can't imagine that being the case,afterall what kind of a hatefull person would hold on to such vengeful and vindictive vitriol for that many years?surely no one in the dci or wgi judging community would be that shallow and petty. :tongue:

your absolutely right.

this is the pageantry arts! everyone is so nice to eachother. im sure he wishes crown the best and is just trying to help them along there journey to dci. :tongue:

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The race for top guard is a heated battle to the finish though.

so true,and right now it's hotter than georgia asphalt! :blink:

the blue devils and the cavaliers are "most likely" the two top competitors for the "guard tiarra" :fight: however crown is suprising alot of people with their moxie,pluck and grit :worthy: and phantom regiment's guard is known for making huge progress at the end of the season[afterall rome's frightening legions were nothing compared to the terrifying wrath of adam sage :mat: ],the cadets are always contenders and have the tenacity of a pit bull :cool: ,and santa clara is so unique,refreshing and very talented :worthy: .all of these guards are well designed,very accomplished and formidable challengers! :laughing:

aside from my constant kibitzing & kvetching i must say i'm absolutely agog and thrilled watching these performers and i applaud them for their impressive growth & achievements and most importantly their ability to entertain a tired old queen like me! :worthy:

Edited by dugg

Wait, wait. Someone is competing with BD for best guard this year? Who?

I keed.

So didn't the rule use to be, it was the total of all three scores (qtrs, semis, finals) that counted for the win of the caption or the award (forget what it was called)??????? I could have sworn that was the reason why BD 04 didn't win top guard that year even though their score was the highest at finals.

I'm not sure how they're doing it now. That's the problem with trying to remember caption awards, is that the rules for determining them have changed over the years. And I don't think DCI has done a very good job of archiving those awards. Or, if they have, I've not been able to find them in an easily accessible area on their website.

yep,best out of three.

so true,and right now it's hotter than georgia asphalt! :lol:

the blue devils and the cavaliers are "most likely" the two top competitors for the "guard tiarra" :cool: however crown is suprising alot of people with their moxie,pluck and grit :worthy: and phantom regiment's guard is known for making huge progress at the end of the season[afterall rome's frightening legions were nothing compared to the terrifying wrath of adam sage :lol: ],the cadets are always contenders and have the tenacity of a pit bull :sigh: ,and santa clara is so unique,refreshing and very talented :cool: .all of these guards are well designed,very accomplished and formidable challengers! :cool:

aside from my constant kibitzing & kvetching i must say i'm absolutely agog and thrilled watching these performers and i applaud them for their impressive growth & achievements and most importantly their ability to entertain a tired old queen like me! :lol:

Couldn't have said it better myself. fing02.gif

What happened to Bloo's guard? 11th tonight in Atlanta.......I know they normally stall out before finals, but my word.

Just an update on my thoughts for the season:

Blue Devils - ehh... it's ok. Been there, done that. But I havent seen it live....

Cavaliers- as someone else said, their flag line (which is fantastic!) always seems to take a back seat... especially the last few years. This year's guard overall certainly sells the show and is amazing... not consistent enough though from what I've seen.. too many silly mistakes dragging them down.

Phantom - clean it up and it will be HOT. Still love it though.... incredible demand.

Carolina Crown - I so want them to win the guard award this year. They are AMAZING!

Blue Stars - it's freaking Michael Shapiro on the football field: how can you hate it?!! this guard is light years better than any other Blue Star's guard and I look for them to move up in placement come finals week. *did I mention I LOVE this guard???*

Blue Knights - ok folks... yes, their choice of costuming is not the greatest. Fine. Can we get off of that and focus on the fact that they are doing a fantastic job???! And the silks are still to die for, I don't care what anyone else says. Rob Billings needs to make sure this trademark NEVER ends. Definitely in the top 5 of the best silks in DCI PERIOD.

Santa Clara Vanguard - love it. So much fun to watch.

Bluecoats - blah. They have some good shows and some bad. Too inconsistent. Writing is wonderful and the whole concept is brought across very well. Just dirty. I don't see them being in the top 5 or 6 in August.

Glassmen - I am totally sending my kids to march here. This guard is just tons of fun. The work is musical, well written and performed wonderfully! Keep it up!!! : )

Colts - CLEAN! I love it. Amazing closer silk.

georgous flag design awards! :worthy:

nominate your favorite flag design and why you think they are noteworthy. :tongue:

i'll begin with the phantom regiment[three sets,same intrigueing parquetry design with gradations of different colors and btw,does anyone else see the chevrons?],all of their flags in this program look beauteous under the lights and have a rich moasaic textured quality & tessellation.

in a very subtle way they help to tell the story through progression of color and they provide a mesmerizing visual effect when spinning and tossing.

Edited by dugg

Gorgeous Flag Award:

Blue Knights