Which do you prefer ?

Which "Version" of the Cadets do U prefer ?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Self explanatory

• Cadets/Garfield 1982 - 2004
    • Cadets 2005 - 2008

Oh dear - it's dropped to 87%. How does this "88% before, 12% after" model account for that? What if it goes to 90%?

Come on...

You are absolutely right. I'm completely wrong.

88% of the people stopped liking the Cadets because of narration. You win.

There can't possibly be any other explanation.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So you do like narration then. Good show. That's all I said. That wasn't so hard - certainly nothing that required half a dozen wasted posts to hash out. Perhaps we can come back to the actual discussion now????

I think anyone who reads DCP knows that narration is not an automatic turn-off for me. I judge shows on their merits (MHO of course) and don't automatically dismiss any show because it has, or doesn't have, any particular element.

I think anyone who reads DCP knows that narration is not an automatic turn-off for me. I judge shows on their merits (MHO of course) and don't automatically dismiss any show because it has, or doesn't have, any particular element.

Yes - thank you Mike. But I think we've dealt with this now.

It's not about specific years, it's pre and post narration etc changes. What's hard about that?

kusankusho, if you really believe the poll in this thread can tell you anything at all, I invite you to read my post from page 6 in this thread. Funny how no one ever bothered responding to that post, which I believe completely blasted a hole in the hope of ever drawing any meaningful results from this poll....

kusankusho, if you really believe the poll in this thread can tell you anything at all, I invite you to read my post from page 6 in this thread. Funny how no one ever bothered responding to that post, which I believe completely blasted a hole in the hope of ever drawing any meaningful results from this poll....

just because no one called you out by name doesn't mean the issue raised in your post wasn't responded to, maybe you are the one who should start from the beginning and reread some of the thread. you complained that the poll isn't valid because it pits a whole bunch of years against a few. a small handfull of people decided to jump in with this same willful misinterpretation of the polls intent, all thinking they were terribly clever, but everyone else knew that the original poll question was about whether people prefer cadets shows with or without narration. this was discussed, dealt with, and most of us moved on.

just because no one called you out by name doesn't mean the issue raised in your post wasn't responded to, maybe you are the one who should start from the beginning and reread some of the thread. you complained that the poll isn't valid because it pits a whole bunch of years against a few. a small handfull of people decided to jump in with this same willful misinterpretation of the polls intent, all thinking they were terribly clever, but everyone else knew that the original poll question was about whether people prefer cadets shows with or without narration. this was discussed, dealt with, and most of us moved on.

Thank you. I see over 100 people "got it" too. I also referd to another thread as part of the incentive for creating this poll.

Its really simple, its easy to get but those that dont like the easy to see outcome based on the driving factor, overt use of narration, will spin and decree and argue, and belittle and try and shoot down anything and everything that puts "That with theyeth must defendtil thy death" in a bad light or shed some truth on the obvious...and yes, in truth, its just a small little meaningless poll on DCP.

Im sure in no way would it, could it ever, ever represent even a small fraction of the way some might feel in reality.

Geoffrey

Since this discussion has spun away from merit of the Cadets shows in the years listed in the poll to why this poll is of no importance, I'm closing.