Which do you prefer ?

Which "Version" of the Cadets do U prefer ?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Self explanatory

• Cadets/Garfield 1982 - 2004
    • Cadets 2005 - 2008

This came up in another thread, so what do you actually prefer ? Lets not bash but by all means compare and point out highlights, favorite moments, favorite ideas. Keep it civil, constructive, truthfull and lets also have some fun recalling great moments of Cadets/Garfield past.

GO !

Geoffrey

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not vote. My favorite show comes from the earlier of the two choices (98 with 2000 a close 2nd), but as much as I understand the reasoning for the poll, I view today's Cadets as the same. They are different as a product of the times of the marching activity, but as a corps, I don't think much has changed.

If it weren't for the opening narration, the "rattle, crash, bang", and the drum speak 2005 would be hands down my favourite Cadets show.

I voted 1982-2004.

If you get me started on Cadets 2005......I better do like Flower in Bambi and follow his saying...

The question's too broad for a meaningful response. 1982-2004 all lumped together as one "version"? Do you know how many multiple show styles are included in those years? Not to mention, 2005-2007 have all been pretty different shows as well. I can't listen to 2007, but 2005 is one of my favorite shows, and definitely my favorite from that year. 2006 is an enjoyable show that could have been pretty awesome with a few more tweaks; no doubt it improved by leaps and bounds just over the course of that season. That's three very different response to just three different shows - now imagine what my response would be if I attempted to assess every show from 1982 to 2004?

'82-'04 by a long shot.

Some of my favortie shows of all time are Cadet shows from that era.

Some drill from even as far back as '83 would stand up today against anyone.

They were WAY ahead of the times then, and are hoping to be ahead of the times now. However, I THINK in 20-25 years when people listen back to these shows with narration, they'll think they were written by an eighth grader, and wonder what the heck the Cadets were thinking of.

'82-'04 by a long shot.

Some of my favortie shows of all time are Cadet shows from that era.

Some drill from even as far back as '83 would stand up today against anyone.

They were WAY ahead of the times then, and are hoping to be ahead of the times now. However, I THINK in 20-25 years when people listen back to these shows with narration, they'll think they were written by an eighth grader, and wonder what the heck the Cadets were thinking of.

or what they were sm..... ..

ugh.... must... keep .... mouth... shut :lookaround:

or what they were sm..... ..

ugh.... must... keep .... mouth... shut :angry:

:lookaround::smile:

Comparing 23 seasons to 9 seasons? :lookaround:

I know -- pre and post ... still!

Comparing 23 seasons to 9 seasons? :lookaround:

I know -- pre and post ... still!

actually, it's only 4 seasons vs. 23 seasons

perhaps a more descriptive poll would be...

1. I'd pick any show from 2004 and back before I'd pick a show from 2005 and newer

2. I'd pick either 2005, 2006, 2007, or 2008

Edited by skewerz