Bridgeport Scores

Speaking as a member and admin of the corps, I can tell you that what I myself have stated on here is correct information. We are leaps and bounds ahead of last year. Maybe just maybe however so is the competition and that was something that we were unaware of until about 7:45 pm Saturday night when the competition started hitting the field. Rest assured we now know where we stand and where we need to work and will be doing so all the way up until prelims and for that matter finals. Don't rule us out after our week one. What Justin had to say was true in regards to housing. The corps is young and many have never had to face a long bus trip to wake up to mcdonalds and then rehearsal. Us older members can handle this but the newer ones were a little thrown. Am I going to use that as a excuse, no as I know that everyone else had to deal with this past weekend as well. The field was even as far as that issue. Now we just need to move on and suck it up. This corps will get better and trust me this will be the last time, I hope, to hear the alumni of this corps stating they are disappointed in the current edition of their previous corps. We will continue to strive to make you proud and hope the have your continued support. Best of luck to all the corps we saw this past weekend as I believe it will be a bit before we see you all again. Congrats to Hurcs for doing something so many people thought was impossible. Kepp up the hard work. See some of you this weekend. Travel safe!

Edited by stacysquire

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This corps will get better and trust me this will be the last time, I hope, to hear the alumni of this corps stating they are disappointed in the current edition of their previous corps.

No, never disappointed in the corps. Maybe disappointed in how some current members choose to respond to comments or make their own. Maybe disappointed in the eagerness of some alumni to believe in unproven assertions. But, I'm never disappointed in the corps, so long as I know they are working hard - and I do know that is the case.

My sole concern is the publicization of rumors or propaganda that lead to inflated, unreasonable expectations, whether internal or external to the corps. Few, if any, of the other DCA corps do this here. They may say, "Wow, we're having fun here!" or "C'mon over and join us, it's great here!" "We're excited to play [song A], [song B], and [song C]!" But, they leave the predictions about placements and the chest thumping over how they rate against the rest of DCA inside their heads and in their gatherings. And, when things don't turn out right for them, the excuses are generally left unsaid, again no matter what their internal feelings. Cru needs to be careful and not fall prey to those kinds of mistakes.

At least, don't put out things that cause fans and alums to wonder, "What happened?" when Cru places 6th of 6, 3 points behind the next corps. I know it may not have been official corps statements, but it doesn't matter. People with "Cru '08" in their sigs say things that might be creating these false impressions. That needs to be dealt with.

Good luck to Cru at St John Fisher College Saturday.

(PS Good luck to all the corps there too. It's tough 'cause I got 3 former corps in the show - as well as the ES alumni gig. Tamm & I are going to miss that immensely.)

I'm glad you guys are excited, but I still stand by what I said earlier. Let the fans and alumni do the hype. The players should be doing other things.

I'm not trying to put CRU down in any way at all. I just call it as I see it.

One thing I have noticed the past two years with CRU is they don't post as much as what was done in the past. I applaud them for what they are doing and how they handle themselves on DCP. Everyone likes to brag and that's okay.

When I was with the corps, and it was different then, you had the excited ones and you had the "well we're slotted so forget about it and don't work so hard" people. There was more of the second choice as we got into August and that was frustrating. I think this corps is better with the new members and the great attitude the staff and members have. I see a great future for them and hopefully we will see the real deal this Saturday.

The missus and I just got back from NJ for a weekend with our family, and haven't been on the Internet until now.

Those Bridgeport scores..... wow.

Bucs still ahead of the pack.... Hurcs starting strong..... those are just two of the "plot lines" developing for what is going to be an interesting summer for DCA!!!!

Fran

No, never disappointed in the corps. Maybe disappointed in how some current members choose to respond to comments or make their own. Maybe disappointed in the eagerness of some alumni to believe in unproven assertions. But, I'm never disappointed in the corps, so long as I know they are working hard - and I do know that is the case.

My sole concern is the publicization of rumors or propaganda that lead to inflated, unreasonable expectations, whether internal or external to the corps. Few, if any, of the other DCA corps do this here. They may say, "Wow, we're having fun here!" or "C'mon over and join us, it's great here!" "We're excited to play [song A], [song B], and [song C]!" But, they leave the predictions about placements and the chest thumping over how they rate against the rest of DCA inside their heads and in their gatherings. And, when things don't turn out right for them, the excuses are generally left unsaid, again no matter what their internal feelings. Cru needs to be careful and not fall prey to those kinds of mistakes.

At least, don't put out things that cause fans and alums to wonder, "What happened?" when Cru places 6th of 6, 3 points behind the next corps. I know it may not have been official corps statements, but it doesn't matter. People with "Cru '08" in their sigs say things that might be creating these false impressions. That needs to be dealt with.

Good luck to Cru at St John Fisher College Saturday.

(PS Good luck to all the corps there too. It's tough 'cause I got 3 former corps in the show - as well as the ES alumni gig. Tamm & I are going to miss that immensely.)

Some never learn

- as well as the ES alumni gig. Tamm & I are going to miss that immensely.)

Wish you could join us.... I'm sure this will be talked about for a long time!!!

Wish you could join us.... I'm sure this will be talked about for a long time!!!

Allen,

Looking forward to July 5th. Going to be an amazing evening of drum corps....a great tribute to Mr. B.

David

-----------------------

Public Relations

Rochester Crusaders Drum & Bugle Corps

The brass section and percussion sections are better by far this year, that is why we are excited, and I stand by my statement of this maybe being one of the best snare lines in DCA, ask anyone at the show, or come check us out in the lot.

You don't win Drum Trophies in the parking lot.