Flaming bag on the front door step

Do you like the show concept?  

280 members have voted

1. 1. Forget execution. Do you like the show concept and script?

• Yes
    • No

I have been following this activity for over 20 years and I was shocked at what I saw tonight. I loved last year's show--go back and read my reviews. The narration didn't bother me, in fact, I was cool with it. It worked for the programming, but this?

Who wants to go to a drum corps show and witness this? I wonder how many people were laughing during this production? Perhaps George has a social agenda. That's fine. For goodness sake, how about picking a more uplifting social program (single mothers, the AIDS epidemic, Darfur, world hunger, poverty)? I listen to NPR daily on my drive to work because its a great alternative to the depressing choices or war, violence, and crime. I don't, however, go to a drum corps show looking for an alternative to drum corps.

The only way this public radio program would be better is if Alec Baldwin was thrown into it. Then, I would truly have a reason to laugh.

snlschweddy-thumb.jpg

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to take anything away from the performers, but I simply hated the show design. Never have I been so depressed watching a drum corps show.

I have been following this activity for over 20 years and I was shocked at what I saw tonight. I loved last year's show--go back and read my reviews. The narration didn't bother me, in fact, I was cool with it. It worked for the programming, but this?

Who wants to go to a drum corps show and witness this? I wonder how many people were laughing during this production? Perhaps George has a social agenda. That's fine. For goodness sake, how about picking a more uplifting social program (single mothers, the AIDS epidemic, Darfur, world hunger, poverty)? I listen to NPR daily on my drive to work because its a great alternative to the depressing choices or war, violence, and crime. I don't, however, go to a drum corps show looking for an alternative to drum corps.

The only way this public radio program would be better is if Alec Baldwin was thrown into it. Then, I would truly have a reason to laugh.

snlschweddy-thumb.jpg

I feel the same as you. I loved their 2007 show... one of my favorites ever. I wrote a review of it so positive that Hop posted it in his blog. However, this show just dissapoints me.

This corp can play! I still don't understand why they feel the need to speak over all of these amazing players. They are really good but I don't think the show allows you to fully see their talent.

People can see and hear the talent just fine, just because you don't happen to like it doesn't mean that the show isn't good, well made, and a championship level show.

I thought the show was great, as usual the Cadets a presenting a great new dimension of drum corps shows. I only watched about 5 corps on the fan network, I'll watch more later, but the Cadets were by far the best corps and show I've watched so far. I don't think it's as powerful as This I Believe, but I think it'll get there by finals. I still think the Cadets should have won last year.....

My only problem with this 2008 show is the trite Ticheli music, but I'll get over that.

Edited by spanksregular

I haven't seen the show yet, however I think that 2005 would have gotten similar responses to this question after the first week of the season as well.

NO...

In 2005 there was very much a split decision early on about the show... some liked, some hated, some loved. And I think most of the people who hated it was just because the fact there was amplified voice. This years show is basically getting like 0.5% positive reviews. How many people have you talked to who likes this show?

Edited by Tez

I haven't seen the show yet, however I think that 2005 would have gotten similar responses to this question after the first week of the season as well.

Wrong. If you haven't seen it, you should hold your comments until you do. :worthy:

You dont see that even people that are/were for narration have a problem with the "content" of this show ?

More and more lurkers are coming out against andmore and more established Cadet fans are apologizinf and explaining their dismay for not liking this show ?

These sensless polls, mean nothing, but do you see how one sided they are, just as many people could vote the other way, if they existed, but they arent.

What are you missing ??

Geoffrey