Narration hypocrites

On the other hand, DCI was about drum corps. If they want to design for drum corps they need to learn to convey these grandiose themes without actually having to tell us about them on the field, and stop changing rules to cover their inability to portray a story with just drums, bugles and guard.

Narration is just as legal as any other element you listed...and it's use is no more covering up something than writing a tuba part.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Narration is just as legal as any other element you listed...and it's use is no more covering up something than writing a tuba part.

And since booing is not restricted by the rules on the back of the tickets ?

Narration is just as legal as any other element you listed

Which is why, if you read my post closely, it says that DCI was about drum corps. Past tense.

And it will happen - booing, that is . . because it is the most direct way to say that you don't like something. Freedom of speech - a wonderful right in this country. And we're talking about whether or not to narrate a drum corps show knowing that there are much larger, serious issues in which to exercise free speech. Nevertheless, don't tell stories on the drum corps field - show them to us and let us enjoy the music. When I want a story, I will choose a movie or the theater.

I bet DCI has the right to throw unruly audience members out if they are interrupting the enjoyment of others with their poor and boorish behavior.

I'd bet that DCI would have no such authority. Stadium security may, based on local law enforcement codes. Ultimately local law enforcement would have the last say, provided they would respond a report of poor and boorish behavior at a local stadium.

I bet DCI has the right to throw unruly audience members out if they are interrupting the enjoyment of others with their poor and boorish behavior.

Yes they do, and rightfully so.

It's not gonna change, stop crying about it.

Because we really need to confuse the issue with that particular topic. While were at it, lets talk about the scouts, full vs limited touring, Bb vs G, cavies vs phantom in horns, bd not marching and playing, and the spanish inquisition, all right here in this thread. Better yet, lets just turn dcp into one thread. Or, you could give a good explanation for what booing (an audience created sound) has to do with sounds created by the corps. Im guessing dcp will be reformatted by morning...

:hmmm: