Beantown Invitational

Could this be an early championship preview?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we'll find out tonight when Teal take the field for the first time,....................I am excited to hear them play,........

I'll go......

I say this with confidence, not with cockiness and because it's my corps, but Teal is going to be giving Surf a run for their money.

Could this be an early championship preview?

With the differences in judging panels, plus Teal's longer tour the rest of the summer while Surf appears to be back home, I think not. It should be a good indication, however, of the competitive quality of the Open Class for the next few weeks. Looking at the DCI schedule tonight, it seems that after this weekend, Teal and Surf don't meet up again until Dayton, OH, which is just a day prior to the start of nats.

With the differences in judging panels, plus Teal's longer tour the rest of the summer while Surf appears to be back home, I think not.

So you are saying that Surf won't be in the running for the championship? Because of the upcoming larger judges panel and because they give the kids a few days off in the middle of the summer?

Edited for clarity.

Edited by bersurkman

Surf is definitely in the running. Teal also has a shot as well, but I think it will be an uphill road for them. We should also watch out for BDB since they are scoring about the same as Surf right now.

Anyone out there going tonight? Would be nice to get a review/scores as the show is going. I know that s a lot to ask for, but one never knows. As far as scores, I believe Surf will gain the early advantage. But- don't count Teal or others (BDB and SCVC)out of this race. Should be fun to watch all season long.

With all the self-hype Teal and Surf fans keep spamming this message board with, it would be pretty hilarious and a tad satisfying to see Blue Devils B take the Open Class crown...

And does it really matter in the end? Must it always be about scores?

I believe that the real contest will "play out" post season. That is to say - who will financially survive this summer and who will not. Some corps budgets (due to fuel costs, and the affect it has in rising the price on food and other products/services) have increased by $25,000, $35,000 and more. Hopefully this will not make a difference to Teal, Surf, Blue Devils B, SCV or anyone else. I am watching this with more fascination than I scoring.

:thumbup: