THE "Only post if you have positive things to say about this year

I am truly sorry young folks for setting such a bad example. It is my natural inclination to not mix it up with people, but when someone has the audacity to try and be positive on Drum Corp Planet it just gets my bloomers in a bunch. So, since they put limitations on not being negative about certain things, I found something I could be negative about! This post!

And...for those of you who think you know why I'm upset, it's NOT because of some coffee issue (sheesh), but because they cancelled movie night -- apparently someone snuck out of the home last Saturday in the early afternoon and didn't return until after midnight.

Look,

I'm sorry if this post offends you in any way. I'm not one of "those people". I'm just an 18 year old kid who has marched for two years who loves drum corps and is sick and tired of people mopping around saying "Oh, 2008 sucks, 2007 was a bad year,whine, whine, whine, whine. I thought drum corps was meant to teach use to be critical, not down right negative, and not whine so much. Oh, well. Again, I'm sorry if my post offends you but as a DCPer, I wanted to create a positive thread to cancel out the previous one about "How 2008 is the worst year of drum corps ever, wahhhhh!!!".

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A positive thought:

My soon-to-be 2 year old went to her second corps show ever in Stockton last weekend and loved it. Ever since then she will randomly say, "more drum corps daddy". :thumbup: Melts me every time.

And to quote her during the show, "I like the blue one."

I'm a bit amused that you actually took me seriously. I actually LOVE positive posts--keep posting them!

And, for the record, Appleknocker is my archnemesis, so don't believe anything she says.

A couple of positives for me so far:

Cavaliers guard uniform = awesome

Blue Devils playing Les Parapluies de Cherbourg (never thought an American drum Corps would pick up on that great ballad)

DCP actually being more than helpful in getting some guard people for Troopers

Crown's weapon line - incredible

Pioneer - still on the field

Blue Stars colorguard this year = :thumbup:

Blue Knights - being wierd - just the way I love them

That's all for now - more to follow as the season progresses

Later,

Mike

Edited by Guardguy89

Blue Devils playing Les Parapluies de Cherbourg (never thought an American drum Corps would pick up on that great ballad)

I was surprised that any top 5 corps would play a sustained piece of something that recognizable ... "I will wait for you" is pretty much considered a classic, though as it was a big hit in the '60s

And we know you had a great time doing it!

Now, for some POSITIVE things: (haven't seen West Coast yet)

I AM SPARTACUS

the Bluecoats brass blowing my face off with The Boxer

the Colts "Unexpected Song"

the Boston Crusaders

Scott Boerma arrangements being played again

Glassmen playing Pee Wee Herman

Cavies drill

at some points the Cadets do SHUT UP and play

Wait 'til you see BD and SCV. UNREAL! :thumbup: