Any word on any of the souvie booths and how sales are?

Madison seemed extremely slow for such a big show. There were very few people buying anything. Even Cavaliers, who usually have a line, had people inside the booth coming over to talk to me as I was looking over their DVD selection again. I can't remember the last time one of their souvie people even had a minute to chat.

There weren't lots of people even looking at souvies, and I didn't see any sales while I was at Bluecoats, Crown, Scouts, Cadets, Spirit, Crossmen, Pioneer or Southwinds booths. I am not sure exactly what percentage the souvie sales account for on any of the corps budgets, but if this is typical of this year, the corps have really got to be taking some major hits. Hopefully people were buying earlier in the evening.

I do know what would normally cost us $25-30 in gas to travel to Madison, cost us around $50 this year, so that really cut into my spending budget. I am planning on picking up quite a few items in August from alot of the corps, and I honestly hope I can spend money on every single corps, but I know I will be spending over $120 in gas the way prices are going, when it would normally cost closer to $65-70.

Does anyone associated with any of the corps want to let us know how sales are going this year? With the price of gas, and what looks like diminishing souvie sales, I am really hoping everyone out this year is able to return to the field next summer, along with hopefully a couple or more returning corps.

I picked up an SCV 07 Shirt in the bargain bin....but there were no lines anywhere as far as I could tell.

Madison seemed extremely slow for such a big show. There were very few people buying anything. Even Cavaliers, who usually have a line, had people inside the booth coming over to talk to me as I was looking over their DVD selection again. I can't remember the last time one of their souvie people even had a minute to chat.

I heard from the souvie people at Madison that they were already sold out on some sizes and styles by the end of the Drums on Parade show. Lots of people bought souvies both early (way before the show) and late (after the encore). The alums also helped to raise $2k towards the "gas fund" by selling special t-shirts at the Stadium Bar.

I bought a $48 Phantom Sweatshirt at Normal. They were just too full of badassery that night I had to give in...

At Port Huron none of the lines were too long when I was shopping. But I went DURING encore, so I'm guessing that would be the reason. I bought myself an awesome BAC shirt. Loving the show this year as well!

Lots of people were wearing the new Madison track jackets. That’s a high dollar item. I don’t know if they liked the item (I REALLY do) or if it was cooler than they thought :worthy: and needed a jacket.

At Port Huron none of the lines were too long when I was shopping. But I went DURING encore, so I'm guessing that would be the reason. I bought myself an awesome BAC shirt. Loving the show this year as well!

I think I may have sold you a shirt then :)

I don't know the actual revenue numbers but I was at the Glendale and Vista shows and the big lines were at Regiment's booth. I could see Regiment's booth from my seats all night and there never was a dull moment. Between the HS kids and the west coast drum corps kids, they surely raked it in.

In the stands, I saw Regiment bag after Regiment bag in the arms of many fans.

I don't know the actual revenue numbers but I was at the Glendale and Vista shows and the big lines were at Regiment's booth. I could see Regiment's booth from my seats all night and there never was a dull moment. Between the HS kids and the west coast drum corps kids, they surely raked it in.

In the stands, I saw Regiment bag after Regiment bag in the arms of many fans.

I usually like their t-shirt designs a lot...I have some from the past 3 or 4 years that I wear all the time. Plus....the were one of the few that had XXXL, my prior size. Now that I an a XXL I guess I can purchase at just about any booth.