What World Class Corps Would You Bring Back?

What (recently inactive) World Class Corps Would You Bring Back  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Pick One!

• Southwind
    • Capital Regiment
    • Magic (of Orlando)
    • Esperanza
    • Cascades
    • Kiwanis Kavaliers

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I say leave Star of Indiana in retirement.

They could have an all star corps with an all star staff, but they would never live up to the legend they have become since leaving DCI.

Can you imagine coming out with that big of a monkey on your back?

But thinking about it, who cares. They could be 19th and the world would be a better place just having another corps. Beyond our fan expectations, it is all about the kids and their experience in the end.

Bring back the top 25. I'm going to pull a "back in the day;" but, back in the day, to place amongst the top 25 was big deal. Even getting that 25th spot was something special.

I think drum corps needs a corps like VK or the Bridgemen in the world class arena. We need someone to show us that drum corps is about entertainment, and that you can entertain, AND be awesome at the same time.

erm...... obvious really

MADISON SCOUTS

Of course, i was being flippent, but i think i`m not the only one...lol...............

VK, bridgeman... they all gave a side we do not hear today, what about the style of the 80`s,-90`s i personelly think drum corps was at its peak during these decade`s, listen to any blue devils show during the 80`s maybe i`m getting old but todays shows just can not give me that special inner feeling( can`t explain that feeling you either get it or not),- Give me the scouts 95-96, the whole place erupted , it made you want to be a part of it all, listen to it today and tell me it does not get your pulse doing a backflip summersault.......with pike; come on SCV 88/89 scouts-again- 88 , every corps from 1983!!!!

peraps drum corps `peaked out` reached a stage where there was no real room for improvement, and now the shows are just becoming out of reach for the regular fan..

i can see , i talk a lot of the eighties... guess i shall crawl back under my rock- but i do feel strongly about this- i love listening to drum corps i have spent a whole lifetime ---------errr since the eighties :-)-----------listening to music that friends family just look at me as if im wierd, who do not understand, yet they understood the music , today they have not one clue to the music so why would thet feel the need to get involved,

Edited by mellomagic

I think drum corps needs a corps like VK or the Bridgemen in the world class arena. We need someone to show us that drum corps is about entertainment, and that you can entertain, AND be awesome at the same time.

Agreed... In fact I don't think you can be awesome without entertaining... You can be clean, you can be good... but to be awesome YOU MUST ENTERTAIN THE CROWD!!!!!

Suncoast Sound

Sky Ryders

27th Lancers

Star of Indiana

In that order.

I'm assuming the OP limited the poll to the most recently inactive or folded corps.

Correct they even said so. It's like some people don't bother reading the entire post. Wha :thumbup: