Another Chesapeake Review 7/7/08

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you new? Every MF on here thinks they are qualified to judge all captions. How many times do we hear "so and so got screwed" "so and so should have won"? Get off his back. He didn't like the show and said some negative things. Big deal.

Don't you go and bring logic into this :ph34r:

REP SCORES AS OF 7/7/08

visual rep musical rep

glassmen 7.9 7.8

colts 8 7.6

blue stars 7.8 7.7

xmen 7.7 7.1

scouts 7.3 7.2

yeah, they are not winning, but those scores look pretty competitive to me.

now that the full panel is back, scores are a culmination of 16 different categories, none of them are titled "like boa on drugs"

like i said before, I respect your opinion, and do not deny that you are 1 of many that do not like the xmen's show. but i am more interested in the facts which i posted above.

if your criticism was constructive, then you would have gotten a positive response, but it was pretty negative, so you can expect some negative response back. :)

~shaners

OK...as a former Brass Staff from Crossmen during 2000, 2001, 2002 and 2003, i must sheepishly admit i don't remember BG on the staff, but i have been known to have a bad and selective memory. I apologize to Bob Glover if i don't remember him at camps and rehearsals. Look forward to seeing Goldberg in Orlando on Saturday, even though i am working for another team, i still love Bones!

I have to defend the OP. He gave an honest review of the show and got jumped on. I understand liking positive reviews of your corps, but you must be able to read a negative review in order to get better IMO. Even if you don't think the review is accurate, someone feels that way and something in the program is making them feel that way.

By the way, no one addressed "...Many many mistakes, with stepoffs, entrances, tosses...." concerning the Crossmen, but many addressed the fact that they don't know the OP and tried to besmudge the guys character.

You can be a fan of the Crossmen organization and not fan of a given years production, it is allowed.

I don't think anyone had a problem with the fact that they were reviewed, only that they were called a "BOA show on drugs" (which doesn't seem to lend itself to improvement, unless you plan to, I don't know, put the show... in... rehab?) and the fact that he said he was a staff member of the Crossmen, and nobody seems to agree with that. Saying that people are "jumping" on these opinions is basically trying to redirect their point. I guess they could start an entirely new topic called "you weren't on staff", but that would be a little bit much.

BTW... I don't really dig the show that much this year, but I can tell you why: I'm still trying to see Crossmen, like the Crossmen that I'm used to, and it's just taking me awhile to get used to the fact that it's new, that they're new. Like when the Colts (NFL, guys, not DCI) moved to Indy from B'more. It took some getting used to. But I DID dig the maltese cross... crosses? Seemed like there was more than one, and it felt great when they were wailing on the jazz. I think they're still trying to "hit their stride" and when they do, everything will lock in, and they'll whup butt, like the Crossmen ALWAYS do.

Edited by 20-J

sorry bob never heard of you. But thanks for the review

Alan chez

crossmen brass staff 2000-2008

Hey Al...you do remember me. I have visited NYC a few times and hung out with you at the Letterman show. You don't remember Diet Dr. Pepper spilling on your boots? lol This is BIG Bob from VA.....

Good to see you at Chesapeake