San Antonio

Any suggestions for hotels that aren't on the uber-expensive list but are still safe and not sleazy?

Orbitz shows, in the downtown/Riverwalk/Alamo area:

Ramada for $99...photos look decent. Rated 2.9/5 by the reviews.

O'Brien Historic Clarion Collection is at $129...rated 3.9/5.

Travelodge is another that shows rooms available....$120...3.2/5 rated.

If you want to look at other areas of San Antonio, you can get rooms cheaper.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WRONG!

I agree it's not anywhere near the best BBQ in San Antonio but it is a San Antonio tradition. LOTS of real Texans eat there regularly.

I have lived and performed near, in and around San Antonio for YEARS, and let me tell you Bill Millers is CRAP. ABSOLUTE CRAP.

Maybe I just have better taste in BBQ cause I am from Houston where we do it right, but if you think Bill Millers is good, then you are missing

out on real bbq. BBQ should NEVER come from a chain, it should come from the people who opened the restaurant and spent years on

the recipes.

Rudys is a chain too, but at least they don't completely SUCK.

Best BBQ in San Antonio is LITTLE RED BARN off of South Hackberry.

Signed,

BBQ Elitist.

I have lived and performed near, in and around San Antonio for YEARS, and let me tell you Bill Millers is CRAP. ABSOLUTE CRAP.

Maybe I just have better taste in BBQ cause I am from Houston where we do it right, but if you think Bill Millers is good, then you are missing

out on real bbq. BBQ should NEVER come from a chain, it should come from the people who opened the restaurant and spent years on

the recipes.

Rudys is a chain too, but at least they don't completely SUCK.

Best BBQ in San Antonio is LITTLE RED BARN off of South Hackberry.

Signed,

BBQ Elitist.

Little Red Barn? hahahahahahahaha Steakhouse...yes, bar-b-que no.

There are far better bar-b-que joints in San Antonio but proximity to the Alamodome may make them difficult to get to between shows. Rudy's is OK (better than Bill Miller's but the tea and the marinated onions get the nod here. Grady's is another chain, but not all that special.) but on a ten point scale rates about a 6.6 - 6.8 where San Antonio bar-b-que is concerned. County Line gets you to the 7 point range but will be crowded on Saturday night. Willard's Jamaican Jerk Bar-B-Que or the Bar-B-Que Station are among those home-grown family-owned and operated that stand head and shoulders above the crowd.

For Mexican on the riverwalk you cannot go wrong with Casa Rio's.

Best BBQ I ever had in San Antonio was at the County Line BBQ - And Bill Millers is not crap. It's just fast food BBQ. It's like Taco Cabana - not the best but it will always do in a pinch.

Edited by BigSnareline

Arby's! Now that's BBQ!!!

*ducks and runs*

I'm partial to Dickey's, myself. But that may be because there's one right by my house. :tongue:

:sad:

good thread....except for the Arby's comment :tongue: ....

making a list of places to attempt to hit next time in SA. Which will be sometime again this summer. We have a 2 year season pass for Sea World.

Edited by gjramsey

Best BBQ I ever had in San Antonio was at the County Line BBQ - And Bill Millers is not crap. It's just fast food BBQ. It's like Taco Cabana - not the best but it will always do in a pinch.

That's where we go eat when we're in San Antonio. We like sitting out along the Riverwalk and watching the poeple go by. I'm not a BBQ elitist, but I think it's fine food. The one I always get a kick out of, is the one by the mall, Steers and Queers um... I mean Beers.

Back to business. There is a show, right? Does anyone know the prelim order and how many corps compete in prelims?

OK. Back to the BBQ talk. :tongue: