East vs. West?

Well, now that we've seen half of the top 8 compete head 2 head in the west (BD, Cavs, PR, SCV) and the other half head 2 head in the east (Crown, Cadets, Bloo, Boston).......

They will all compete together in San Antonio soon......

What can we expect in terms of scoring?

Example....if the Cadets were competing in Denver last night instead of in Florida, would they have taken 3rd?

I know I cant say the criteria would be judged differently, because obviously its not...but would they have gotten a score, say, 1 point higher or lower than what they got last night?

How do y'all think everyone will stack up to each other when they all compete on the same field, on the same night, in front of the same audience, and most importantly, the same judging panel?

Do you really think, that if Crown keeps doing what they're doing, that they could end up taking 3rd in S.Antonio?

Also, a lot of people on this forum like to talk about the Cavs, and how they're show isn't good enough to beat BD, and that even though they can run a very clean show, that they could peak too early, and give way to other corps who have a lot more potential to clean up and eventually surge ahead of them in Bloomington........

In other words.........

After last night's breakthrough performance.........

Do you really think Crown could get 2nd at Finals?

I am not even going to predict that maybe they can win it all, because I dont think Blue Devils are going to lose this year.....

But realistically.......

Do you think Crown can take 2nd at finals? They only scored 1 point below Cavs last night....and yes, was diff judging panel......

If all the corps competed together last night in front of the same judging panel, do you think the ranking placements would essentially be the same?

So two questions to ponder there.

1) Will Cadets and Crown end up finishing below SCV and PR, because maybe their show was judged....in all the subjectivity judging has.....was the show judged easier? harder?

and

2) Will this be the year Crown breaks into the top 2 or 3 at finals?

Honestly...ANYTHING can happen. This year especially because there are no shows that scream at you "WINNAH!"

Realistically, I think this the best chance yet for a corps not named BD, Cavaliers, Cadets to win a championship.

Deep down I think Phantom Regiment has a vehicle that can clean itself up and contend for a legit title. If the judges want an excuse to put somebody new at the top...what better year than this year? I don't think BD would cry if they fell to 2nd. I don't think anyone would storm DCI headquarters if Cavaliers did not win another ring this year. PR has a ways to go, but I've got this gut feeling about this show.

Deep down I think Crown would be ecstatic with a 4th place finish which is where they should've finished last year. (I see BD, Cavies, and PR all above them) Crown has the benefit of having a crowd energizing show which in turn energizes them. Also, Finals will be in Bloomington, and I think we all know that Crown has a butt ton of kids from Indiana in the corps. Crown could shock the world, but I see them in 4th place when it's all said and done.

Sure would love to see Phantom win and Crown place well this yr. Of the sterotypical top 3 none scream out at me either but Phantom's show just kinda begs to win...lets see if it can happen.

You must put a lot of faith in Phantom Regiment......am sensing a bit of bias there.......eh?

I love PR, and they are my favorite corps, and I thought that their theme this year could be a killer.

They scored more than 2 points LESS than the Cavs last night.....and even if the Cavs DO "peak" early....2 points is still a big spread to overcome....and im not doubting that PR can do it, it just will be difficult.

I was excited when I read about PR hiring a new drill designer....I always thought that while their music is great, their visuals left me just a bit dry.....so I'm hoping that you're right....that PR can fulfill the entire potential of their show.

Last year, 4-8th place we're literally within a point of each other. This year will probably be no different.

last year, 4th-8th place, we're really talking about splitting hairs. I really considered it mostly a tie between all 4.

I've loved Crown ever since I seen them do their "Bell-issimo" show, I think it was '02, I knew that they would make some noise in the next few years....it would be great to see them in the top 3!

I am corrected....it was 2003 they did Bell-issimo, they took 10th, getting back into the finals from a bad season in 2002. They haven't placed lower than 10th since then.

Well, now that we've seen half of the top 8 compete head 2 head in the west (BD, Cavs, PR, SCV) and the other half head 2 head in the east (Crown, Cadets, Bloo, Boston).......

They will all compete together in San Antonio soon......

What can we expect in terms of scoring?

Example....if the Cadets were competing in Denver last night instead of in Florida, would they have taken 3rd?

I know I cant say the criteria would be judged differently, because obviously its not...but would they have gotten a score, say, 1 point higher or lower than what they got last night?

How do y'all think everyone will stack up to each other when they all compete on the same field, on the same night, in front of the same audience, and most importantly, the same judging panel?

Do you really think, that if Crown keeps doing what they're doing, that they could end up taking 3rd in S.Antonio?

Also, a lot of people on this forum like to talk about the Cavs, and how they're show isn't good enough to beat BD, and that even though they can run a very clean show, that they could peak too early, and give way to other corps who have a lot more potential to clean up and eventually surge ahead of them in Bloomington........

In other words.........

After last night's breakthrough performance.........

Do you really think Crown could get 2nd at Finals?

I am not even going to predict that maybe they can win it all, because I dont think Blue Devils are going to lose this year.....

But realistically.......

Do you think Crown can take 2nd at finals? They only scored 1 point below Cavs last night....and yes, was diff judging panel......

If all the corps competed together last night in front of the same judging panel, do you think the ranking placements would essentially be the same?

So two questions to ponder there.

1) Will Cadets and Crown end up finishing below SCV and PR, because maybe their show was judged....in all the subjectivity judging has.....was the show judged easier? harder?

and

2) Will this be the year Crown breaks into the top 2 or 3 at finals?

I can't recall Cavaliers EVER peaking too early. I think it's possible Blue Devils may peak early and drop to Cavaliers, but I don't think Cavaliers will drop from second. I honestly can't wait to see how Phantom and Crown compete. Both have great horn lines and crowd pleasing shows. I could see those guys going head to head all year, trading victories with/against each other. I think an interesting question is will Crown be able to keep beating Cadets? Cadets are obviously famous for changing their show up until finals week, and are known to turn it on late in the season.

That's true......no way of knowing anything, really, until its all said and done. Should make for an exciting finalé!

Santa Clara Vanguard will come from behind and score a 99.8 and people will be a'sker'd.

I can see Crown finishing as high as 3rd this year. I just don't see them beating either Cavs or BD for the Championship. ( ' Love to see it though )

I think Crown would have finished 3rd last night had they competed in the West. Whether or not that will last remains to be seen. I think this is a great show for them, and think they could end up anywhere between 3rd and 6th come finals week.

Cadets in my opinion, have their weakest show since the early 80's. The kids are performing what they have been given well, but without some MAJOR changes, their GE is going to be lacking come August. Having said that, Cadets are known for great changes come late season, so it remains to be seen.

Actually, if you take the actual scores from last night, I think they might actually be pretty accurate to what is going to happen in San Antonio next Saturday, although I think any set of 2 could possibly be switched at any time(Cavies and BD, Crown and Cadets, SCV and Phantom, and Boston and Bluecoats), although I would personally love nothing more than to see SCV and Cadets switch 4th and 6th places or have SCV contending with BD and Cavies for the championship.