The San Antonio Ice House - Pre and post show discussion.

Madison, do something with your warm up time. Turn backfield and blow a few seconds of Slaughter or something, but don't let the energy dissipate while an uncomfortable quiet settles on the house. Your fan base has had a rough couple of years - give them something to make them happy while they anticipate your show.

Good energy from them today. Still think the show design is lacking shape, but they're putting their blood into it.

I sure hope they have a good show! I watched it for the first time the other night, and I really like it!!! With a little polish, it could be a great show!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Solid performance from Madison, but I have to agree with mobrien about their show design--it's lacking variety, and as a result really makes the entire show blur together for me. I don't think Troop will touch Madison today, although Madison's brass didn't have the strongest performance I've heard from them this season.

Troopers... love the show. So much fun, and the visuals are really cool.

Madison's show has come a long way since I first saw it. I really like the visuals, and the music is getting better. The show is growing on me. I loved last year, and I think this show is a definite step up in terms of design and performance. Great job, Scouts!

that was better for scouts / I enjoyed it - solid program to build upon for rest of the season and into the future

you can tell the corps is young but they carry the program well - some staging and drill transition issues they can make a lot of progress on over the next few weeks...

much improved from early season & LY

Scouts are attacking the show now........ tons of guard drill and work changed. They are comming along just fine... Hard demand from all sections/

Much Improved upon~

Edited by Cop

scouts with great control through the high brass in the latin section...but overall the ensemble felt a bit tentative the rest of the show. might have been the dome. they had me going with the opening statement and never took me anywhere. i don't think there is enough visual demand in the show. they were performing what they were given well.

Troop was very entertaining and good to see more guard members since my last viewing of them in Denver.

Besides their guard, Madison was clearly a step up from all the corps so far. Don't really like the backfield drill for the drum break. They came to play. Best I've seen from them all day.

Scouts are on the move....wouldn't be surprised to see them in top 12 by Bloomington! Show is really picking up steam.

The energy was really on for Madison! I think they might squeeze in. I wish their guard was like their guards of old. These guys weren't together. This seems to be a young guard that needs more time to get that needed experience. Rest of their show seemed to be the best they've done so far.

We'll have to wait and see how Crossmen, Spirit, Colts, etc. do.

Go Scouts!!!

Edited by cavies79

Man, Scouts were pretty hot today. I hadn't seen their show yet and I really enjoyed it!

Now to spend intermission working on a summer class paper, ugh...I hate Art Appreciation :lookaround: