The San Antonio Ice House - Pre and post show discussion.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really, really do not understand people saying Phantom has a sub-par visual design. I mean, they are all over the place. It might be a little different, but it is effective, demanding and fits the music perfectly. After the Cadets and SCV, I don't think there was any drop off in visual design.

Nice show PR .... Not there yet. The middle production is pretty messy still. The Triumph section in the closer feels pretty rushed (just like the ballad felt rushed last year). F' ME thanks Mello's. Nice drumline again but the writing seems like they're running out of ideas. Pit was overbalanced tonight. I'm sure PR has some rewrite tricks up their sleeves so I'm looking forward to more clarity and some toned down half jazz running for no reason. 50 new charts of drill by tomorrow plz :P

my favorite PR show since 1993 I think

great drum line

IMO can be in the thick of things but they need to work on transitions - leaving "Dead time" after songs doesn't really work in a "theatrical" type show - music needs to be continuous

They also need to fly in whoever they can to clean and hose that guard / need to close the gap - it's not like the old days, your guard can take you out of championship contention & if they are going up against BD/Cavaliers they can't give up 1 point in guard

Drums is on their side / they need to work on transitions to up the GE (and the end is flat IMO but I would imagine that is *not* the ending) and get the guard clean to have a shot - which I think they will, and do!

Great show!

Nice show PR .... Not there yet. The middle production is pretty messy still. The Triumph section in the closer feels pretty rushed (just like the ballad felt rushed last year). F' ME thanks Mello's. Nice drumline again but the writing seems like they're running out of ideas. Pit was overbalanced tonight. I'm sure PR has some rewrite tricks up their sleeves so I'm looking forward to more clarity and some toned down half jazz running for no reason. 50 new charts of drill by tomorrow plz :P Jogging isn't always effective.

WOW they really kicked up the intensity of this! I love it now!

Some meaningful changes that really added to the emotion..VERY cool. VERY exciting.

Also looks like they tied a knot in the shoulder drape on one side, so it doesn't hang as oddly as it did a week ago - they are doing the details!

Definite dark horse, methinks.