Your favorite Spirit moments over the years!

I am just surprised that anyone remembered '92 and Miss Otis Regrets. That was always fun play!

I had friends in Spirit from '78-'80. 1980 was probably the most powerful show for me, but my favorite was the '88 Petrushka show. It was just so "out of the box" for Spirit. I still wish I could have heard/seen the '77 show, but nobody I know has a copy of it (I probably did hear bits and pieces of it, as they practiced right up the street from me at South Cobb HS). It's one of the few I haven't heard.

I saw SOA in Dallas in 1979. My first drumcorps show ever. I suppose it was like losing your virginity...it represents the reason I love drum corps.

I was amazed .....Georgia, sweet Georgia Brown, Let it be me...

....wow...

I need to go watch the show again now.

Whew, so glad to say, or maybe not so glad to say that Im not the only old phart getting their years mixed up. Sorry Steve.

I cant beleive I had a brain freeze and forgot it was "Blue Rondo" in 82. You know how I have professed my love for that show over the years !!

And how can I confuse the Ricky Walker years ? He's even a "star" in the Midwest vids !!

Geoffrey

edited orginal .

Whew, so glad to say, or maybe not so glad to say that Im not the only old phart getting their years mixed up. Sorry Steve.

I cant beleive I had a brain freeze and forgot it was "Blue Rondo" in 82. You know how I have professed my love for that show over the years !!

And how can I confuse the Ricky Walker years ? He's even a "star" in the Midwest vids !!

Geoffrey

edited orginal .

Hmmm... must be karma for all those VF/doll jokes. :ph34r:

I've scanned a bunch of old Spirit photos, tour itineraries, etc., and uploaded them to Webshots. Some pics are from shows, some are from rehearsals, and some are from off days. Here are links to some of the albums if anyone's interested in taking a walk down memory lane:

302113503yjRYXZ_th.jpg

2634627870032437388kOmfpu_th.jpg

2969301830032437388lcKieW_th.jpg

431400805IQneAe_th.jpg

Among the real treasures you'll find in those albums are several pictures of Jim Ott, as well as the lead sop part for Nuttville, in Jim's handwriting.

Edited by oldsoprano

What great memories these comments bring back. Like many of you I remember the Birmingham Finals shows........WOW! My first live finals was in 1979. In 1981 we went to DCI Midwest in Whitewater. Our son was three. He stood between my wife and I imitating the drum majors. Little did we know that he would march with Spirit 97-99. Although these were the lean years (and the non-baby blue years) there are my favorites. MY KID WAS OUT THERE!

I'll never forget the look on his face as he entered the stadium at Rice University in Houston when he saw the signs with his name. Holding them were his parents from Georgia (us), cousins from Texas, Ohio, Great Aunts and Uncles from Louisiana and Texas and his 80 year old grandmother from Georgia and her friend from Indiana who was 81 years old. Good memories and a wonderful experience for him. I regret he never marched in finals but he was part of the "re-Birth" of Spirit.

:ph34r:

I've scanned a bunch of old Spirit photos, tour itineraries, etc., and uploaded them to Webshots. Some pics are from shows, some are from rehearsals, and some are from off days. Here are links to some of the albums if anyone's interested in taking a walk down memory lane:

302113503yjRYXZ_th.jpg

2634627870032437388kOmfpu_th.jpg

2969301830032437388lcKieW_th.jpg

431400805IQneAe_th.jpg

Among the real treasures you'll find in those albums are several pictures of Jim Ott, as well as the lead sop part for Nuttville, in Jim's handwriting.

Great Stuff Mike...Thanks!