Your favorite Spirit moments over the years!

So,

Since we have Crown, Southwind and Troopers, why not bring in the Old Southern favorite, SPIRIT. With the loss of corps like Kingsmen, 27, Bridgemen and Suncoast (among many others), lets for a moment praise the great shows of the good old boys, Spirit (of Atlanta, JSU, Georgia, whatever you like..)

We need these guys around today to make DCI better and enjoy the memories of your favorites.

My personals are:

1979- "glass breaking" memories

1980- unbelievable emotional high (passing of Jim Ott)

1986 - amazing hornline!

2003 (semifinals)- going from 14th to 12th with an incredibly emotional show.

Enjoy!!

Edited by trumpetcam

So,

Since we have Crown, Southwind and Troopers, why not bring in the Old Southern favorite, SPIRIT. With the loss of corps like Kingsmen, 27, Bridgemen and Suncoast (among many others), lets for a moment praise the great shows of the good old boys, Spirit (of Atlanta, JSU, Georgia, whatever you like..)

We need these guys around today to make DCI better and enjoy the memories of your favorites.

My personals are:

1979- "glass breaking" memories

1980- unbelievable emotional high (passing of Jim Ott)

1986 - amazing hornline!

2003 (semifinals)- going from 14th to 12th with an incredibly emotional show.

Enjoy!!

1980 "Let it be Me" closer. Quite possibly the "Loudest" one single blast of sound in DCI history......

1980 "Let it be Me" closer. Quite possibly the "Loudest" one single blast of sound in DCI history......

Don't forget the Jumbo Jet going over Legion Field just as Joel began the solo in Georgia.

Devil Went Down To Georgia

Sweet Georgia Brown

Nutville

Old Man River

Jim Ott with his baritone warming up in the arc with the corps.

Lots O' Fond Memories

1980 Finals..My 1st live drum corps show and wow,what power!

2005 Finals.. My 2nd live finals(okay, my son was marching) :blink:

1984..Incredible screaming solos!

My first DCI (a spectator) in Birmingham 1980....what a hornline!!!

Winning the High Color Guard Trophy in my age-out year 1985.

Meeting and becoming friends with folks who marched before and after me through the Alumni Association!

Hmm......late 80s....88 or 89?

Bass line memories: seven basses, toms on top of the basses, bases with "feet" (feet had little red shoes).

Also the first time I heard a bassline split up single sixes...nice!

OOOH!

Snare drummers juggling 3 sticks* in 1984's drum break!!

*while playing, of course

I absolutely love it when they warm up with Georgia On My Mind.

My all time favorite show from Spirit(although it is hard to pick with so many great shows) is actually 2002. I really loved that show, and was so excited to see them back in finals after so many years. I really thought that buzz saw sound from the hornlines was totally cool.

But their shows from the 80's are also some of my favorites. I wouldn't mind if they returned a little more to their roots, with some of the classy shows they performed over the years.

I absolutely love it when they warm up with Georgia On My Mind.

My all time favorite show from Spirit(although it is hard to pick with so many great shows) is actually 2002. I really loved that show, and was so excited to see them back in finals after so many years. I really thought that buzz saw sound from the hornlines was totally cool.

But their shows from the 80's are also some of my favorites. I wouldn't mind if they returned a little more to their roots, with some of the classy shows they performed over the years.

32780_mSQ7w-L-1.jpg