Can PR win the Spirit of Disney Award?

uhh..doubtful. My guess is Cadets or Crown.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess is Cavies.

alright a new disney movie, wall-e completely makes fun of human society(especially americans).

why cant phantom win with their show?

the award should maybe go to someone who doesnt win a caption or place in the top 3. bluecoats or bac even scouts or xmen should have a better shot because they will probably not win any captions or medal...

just my thoughts, but yes disney is still making movies that ridicule society, with harsh realities that little kids dont really understand, but they parents understand #### well.

Based on repertoirs in the top 8 or so, I'd say it's between Crown and Phantom.

I don't think you have to be top 8. Open class gets one award and so does World class. I think any corps in each division is eligible, but they will probably stick with giving it to a finalist corps.

disagree and I love Regiment's show. Crown wins the SOD.

I havent seen Crowns show so I cant say they will or wont take the SOD,

but if I had to pick anyone it would be BD.

Edited by CoreyD

The Spirit of Disney Award rewards the corps whose show best exemplifies the ability to translate imagination into an educational and fun forum for all participants and to provide great entertainment value for the audience.

Honestly, I always attributed SOD with fan-friendliness (which, to a certain extent, it is). But after reading the above, I could see it going to BD.

I always thought the SOD was like winning Miss Congeniality. You know, the girl everyone likes but isn't good enough to win.

I could see BD, Crown, Bluecoats or maybe a few others winning this. Phantom seems a long shot, due to the content. Despite the violence in Disney's own productions, it seems unlikely they would want to see headlines about them endorsing "a band show depicting throat slitting" the next day.

There is always a group of people who try to make an issue out of everything, esp. when it involves throwing rocks at Disney.

The Disney family keeps Hitler's brain alive in a cryogenic jar along with other monstrositites deep below the Magic Kingdom...

OK, back to the Spirit Of Disney award...Blue Stars. They've got one of the strongest "theme" shows that doesn't involve throat slitting, decapitation, or punching. Although anyone who doesn't think Disney's ever had movies with serious violence in them hasn't been paying very close attention.

Edited by troon8