Never had this happen before

I find this hard to believe.

I definitely believe it. This has never happened to me at a drum corps show, but I have been to many a car race and held a plastic bottle or aluminum can, and at certain times it vibrated quite a bit. Now I know that a hornline might not be quite as loud as a race car, but the sound is more 'in tune' with more harmonic overtones, so it may be more likely to make something vibrate.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I definitely believe it. This has never happened to me at a drum corps show, but I have been to many a car race and held a plastic bottle or aluminum can, and at certain times it vibrated quite a bit. Now I know that a hornline might not be quite as loud as a race car, but the sound is more 'in tune' with more harmonic overtones, so it may be more likely to make something vibrate.

Reminds me of a certain pressbox window that was cracked in 1980 by a certain loud corps from down south....

No, DCI usually sacrifices the goats at the Number Six party later on ...

what about the women-folk?

Actually I was sitting in the pressbox too for most of the day and I swear to god the same thing happened to me during I forget which corps. The water was literally dancing to the bass drums. So now you got two of us, or maybe we were both just drunk.

Uh...that's why I wrote about it. If I found it easy to believe, it would have been no big deal.

But it happened and I am not lying to you.

See, I don't necessarily find it that hard to believe that this could happen to someone. But as much as you have been around drum corps, it seems inconceivable that it would be happening to you for the first time now.

what about the women-folk?

:thumbup::music:

Edited by DCIHasBeen

I'm sitting up in the press box in San Antonio. Blue Devils just finished performing. I was taking a sip from a bottle of water while the horns were especially searing and I felt something really strange, as if my bottle of water was my cell phone vibrating. I realized the sound from BD's horns was making the water ripple and the bottle vibrate. The bottle was still vibrating when I set it down on the counter top. Now THAT'S power.

I can believe it. Freakin incredible hornline.

that just means your water bottle was tuned to whatever note they were playing.

i remember the first time i found out that "stuff" had a musical frequency. my private instructor was holding his coffee while playing something on the marimba, and he turns to me and says something to the effect of, "... hey, my coffee is tuned to an a!" so then he hands me the cup, and he starts hitting the a, and his coffee starts shaking in my hand like it was a cell phone. that was pretty trippy :thumbup:

See, I don't necessarily find it that hard to believe that this could happen to someone. But as much as you have been around drum corps, it seems inconceivable that it would be happening to you for the first time now.

It's not inconceivable at all. I just normally don't have a bottle of water in my hands when a corps is performing.

I find this hard to believe.

I don't. I was recording PR in the lot at Dallas in 07 and literally the air between my palm and the video camera was vibrating! So hearing that everybody's drinks were vibrating during BD's performance doesn't surprise me a bit. Shock and amaze, yes. But I totally believe it.